Staff Nurse - Oncology Day Unit
- € 35,000 - 45,000 Per year
- Full time
- Permanent, Contract, Bank
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager), Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Newly qualified
- 21 Aug 2019
- 24 Dec 2019
Staff Nurse - Oncology Day Unit
Overall Purpose of Job
Will provide exceptional patient care in an environment where quality, respect, caring and compassion are at the centre of all we do.
The staff nurse working within the Oncology Day Unit is responsible for the delivery of a high standard of patient focused care.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
• To be aware of the policies and practices set out by the Hospital and the Department of Health on safe administration of cytotoxic preparations.
• To work within a multidisciplinary team to ensure that patients receiving chemotherapy have continued access to specialist care, knowledge and expertise.
• The administration of prescribed cytotoxic chemotherapy to oncology patients via cannula, PICC, Hickman or Portacath.
• To administer chemotherapy in accordance with the protocols as set out by the Cancer Centre.
• To provide information about treatment and side-effects - giving written information as appropriate.
• To facilitate effective communication between the multidisciplinary team, the patient and their family.
• Assess staff competencies and makes patient care assignments.
• Delegate appropriate tasks to appropriate personnel, consistent with legal and professional guidelines and departmental standards.
• Maintains clear communications with the Nurse Manager regarding unit needs and incidents.
• Serve as a resource person on the unit.
• The timely identification and communication of any issues to the Nurse Manager.
• Demonstrate a confidence and competence in all hospital policies and guidelines.
• Participate in all ward and hospital nursing communication processes.
• Demonstrate the ability to delegate tasks and responsibilities.
• Participate in ongoing consultation and collaboration with physicians and other care.
• Provides to maximise patient outcomes and unit specific goals.
The post holder will partake in the Total Quality Management processes thereby contributing to:
• The identification of quality, policy; guideline issues.
• The evaluation of current practices to best practice.
• The setting of standards utilising structure, process and outcome.
• All hospital, regional and national audit processes.
• The Hospital Wide Accreditation Cycle.
• Health Promotion initiatives.
Personal and Professional Responsibilities
The post holder is expected to:
• Attend in a timely manner all mandatory education sessions.
• Maintain a professional portfolio.
• Ensure their professional and personal persona positively reflects the profession of nursing and the Hospital.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
• Utilise effective time management skills.
• Attend all required in-services.
• All employees are expected to remain flexible to meet the needs of the hospital, which may include floating to other departments to assist as the patient needs fluctuate.
§ Nursing and Midwife Board of Ireland Registered General Nurse (NMBI) licence in good standing.
§ Oncology Related post-graduation qualification desirable but not essential
§ Two years clinical experience preferred.
§ Oncology experience required. (no chemo admin involved)
§ Candidates must possess teaching abilities, leadership qualities, professional judgement
Apply with CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ref: Staff Nurse - Oncology Day Unit
This job was posted to Intensive care nurse, Nurse advisor, Ward nurse in Dublin
Recommended Similar Jobs
€ 35000 - 45000 Per hourFull timePermanentDublin, Dublin, Ireland
Clinical Nurse Manager excellent nursing home Job Dublin NorthGreat Clinical Nurse Manager job opportunity with lovely nursing home...
€ 30000 - 47000 Per yearFull timePermanentDublin, Dublin, Ireland
Staff Nurse Job in top healthcare facility in Dublin SouthStaff Nurse urgently required with healthcare or nursing home experience ...
€ 50000 - 65000 Per yearFull timePermanentDublin, Dublin, Ireland
Assistant Director of Nursing Job top hospital in DublinADONHSE Hospital Dublin Excellent opportunity an Assistant Director of Nurs...
€ 35000 - 40000 Per yearFull timePermanentDublin, Dublin, Ireland
Staff Nurse Day Care Job top hospital in DublinA state-of-the art hospital requires a Staff Nurse for their Day Care Centre to be b...