ICU Bank Staff Nurse - ICU Band 5
Bristol, City of Bristol, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Admin - Sales - Clerical
- 4 May 2019
- 3 Jun 2019
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
ICU Registered Bank Staff Nurse, Intensive Care Unit, Band 5
Bank Staff Nurse required to work within the Intensive Care Unit at one of the UK’s largest NHS Hospital Trusts. The Southmead ICU is within a Major Trauma Centre, and provides regional care for major trauma, neurosurgery, vascular, surgery, renal transplants, burns and plastic surgery, as well as complex elective surgery and medical patients. As one of the fastest growing Intensive Care Units in the country, we strive to deliver safe and exceptional care in our 48 bedded state of the art unit.
WHY APPLY? : Bank Staff Nurse role offers a fantastic opportunity with:
- Access to state of the art facilities- you will be based within our award winning Brunel building, which has recently won Best Acute Hospital Development at the 2017 Building Better Healthcare Awards in London and Best Healthcare Design over 25,000sqm at the European Healthcare Awards
- A comprehensive induction – Provides 2 weeks training, with orientations shifts delivered.
- Close multidisciplinary links- we have a large dedicated multidisciplinary team that work together to best support the needs of our patients
- An excellent location - the Trust resides within one of the most vibrant cities in the UK, Bristol. Voted the best city to live in 2017, the city is famous for its year round festivals, award-winning cycle tracks, exceptional gastronomy, stunning cityscapes and awe-inspiring street art.
THE ROLE: As a Bank Staff Nurse, you will play a key role within a team of nursing staff in the delivery of evidence based patient-centred care, which is of a high standard. Key duties will include:
- Taking regular responsibility to carry out required patient care to a high standard with level 1, 2 and 3 patients presenting a diverse range of serious conditions, including single and multiple organ failure
- To report to the appropriate members of the multidisciplinary team any significant changes to a patient’s condition or situation
- To take personal responsibility for ensuring that patients are treated with courtesy at all times, the individual needs of patients are respected and confidentiality is maintained at all times.
YOU: The successful candidate for this Bank Staff Nurse vacancy will have the following:
- Hold RN (adult) registration with current NMC license to practice
- Recent Intensive Care Unit experience is essential
- Enthusiasm and a drive to work hard and to a high standard
We are offering:-
NHS Pension scheme
Competitive pay rates
Full training and Induction
Work available in majority of Specialties
Flexible working patterns to meet your needs (We are offering earlies, lates, long days and nights)
Free DBS Clearance.
We therefore ask that you:
Have recent Acute Hospital Experience within the last 18-24 months
NMC Pin Number
Right to work in UK (with relevant Adaptation/ONP if applicable)
If successful able to commit to a 2 week Induction Programme
For further details / informal visits contact:
Apply now! For further enquiries or more information please contact Apply or call us on Apply/ Apply
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications, we are unable to reply to unsuccessful applications. However, we will give full feedback to all candidates who are interviewed.
The following is applicable for ‘At Risk’ employees, who must meet the essential shortlisting criteria to be eligible for interview.
Those from within North Bristol NHS Trust who apply for this role will be considered for shortlisting in the first instance.
Those from within the BNSSG (Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire) who apply for this role will be considered in the second instance.
Those covered by the South West Employment Transition Framework who apply for this role will be considered in the third instance.
If no applicant is appointed from the above ‘at-risk’ pools, those from the open market will then be considered for shortlisting.
If you apply fo
This job was posted to Intensive care nurse in Bristol, City of Bristol, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 30401 - 30401 Per yearFull timePermanentBath, Somerset, England
Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust(AWP) provides inpatient and community-based mental health care for people li...
Full time...TemporarySlough, Berkshire, England
Health Professionals invites you to join us at one of our upcoming open events. Aimed at Registered Nurses and Allied Health Profes...
£ 23023 - 25656 Per yearFull timePermanentHarlow, Essex, England
Kate Cowhig International Healthcare Recruitment is recruiting Nurses for Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust located in Harlow, ...