We are immensely proud of our staff and their passion, professionalism and dedication to change people's lives. If you share that passion, and if you too want to make a difference, then come and join us. In return you will get to work with a great team, with superb training and development opportunities, and excellent staff benefits.
We provide a large number of mental and physical health services. Poor physical and mental health are linked and our ambition is for people to have their physical and mental health problems identified, assessed and treated at the same time.
The work of our staff is very wide-ranging. Some of the things we do include:
- helping children and young people with mental health issues
- supporting new mums suffering post-natal depression
- assessing people detained under the Mental Health Act
- helping people get active, eat well and take care of their own wellbeing
- treating people who have dementia or experience problems thinking and remembering
- helping people remain independent in the community
- running high secure services at Broadmoor Hospital.
We are a teaching Trust and all staff receive support throughout their career to grow and develop. Our staff also have access to some of the leading research programmes in mental health and, whatever your role, there are opportunities to develop skills and clinical practice by being part of ground-breaking work.
We take care of our staff with a series of employee benefits, including flexible working, car lease schemes and exclusive discounts on a wide range of products and services, from washing machines to holidays. We also offer a generous relocation package.
See further links
(bottom right) to visit our recruitment website for more jobs. If you know others who might like this role, please help us by telling them or sharing this on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn. Professional Group: Nursing
Department: West London Forensic Services: Low Secure Location: Ealing
Job Title: Band 5 Staff Nurse
Hours: 37.5 Salary: £26,682 - £34,049 per annum inclusive
West London Mental Health NHS Trust provides a full range of local mental health services to the London boroughs of Ealing, Hammersmith and Fulham, and Hounslow as well as specialist forensic mental health services, including high secure services at Broadmoor Hospital across a wider catchment area. We positively welcome applications from people with a lived experience of either mental health conditions or learning disabilities and people who represent diverse communities.
West London Forensic Service provides a comprehensive multi-disciplinary assessment, treatment and rehabilitation service for male and female mentally disordered offenders, as well as those with challenging behaviour and specialist rehabilitation needs. We have a number of vacancies for band 5 Staff Nurses within our Low Secure Forensic and Community Services.
As the Post holder you will be expected to embrace the Trust values of Excellence, Caring, Responsibility and Togetherness and demonstrate these values within your role. You will participate in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care within the team. You will work within the Multi-disciplinary framework and will be required to demonstrate an attitude that will enhance communication and effective teamwork. You will be closely involved in developing recovery care pathways for Service Users and supporting user empowerment at all stages of care and treatment. What we can offer you:
- Relocation expenses if applicant meets the criteria under West London Mental Health Trust Relocation Assistance Policy.
- The Trust offers a new and unique benefits package which includes lease cars, discount cards for high street stores, supermarkets, holidays and days out.
- As a Trust we will provide you with Supervision and Mentorship, ongoing Professional development, a stimulating and challenging working environment and opportunities for career development within West London Mental Health Trust.
- We can offer bespoke training in relation to specialist Forensic low secure and community care.
- A well-established successful preceptorship training programme
- A unique opportunity to broaden experience and develop skills in the different services and environments within the Forensic Services
For further information regarding the posts please contact Appiah Oyinka on Apply
For further details / informal visits contact:
For further information regard