RGN Ward, Theatre and Recovery Nurses
Belfast, Antrim, Northern Ireland
- £ 30,000 - 40,000 Per year
- Full time
- Permanent, Contract, Bank
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager), Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Newly qualified
- 6 May 2019
- 19 Jul 2019
RGN Ward, Theatre and Recovery Nurses – Top Private Hospital
The post-holder carries responsibility for the assessment of patient care needs and for developing, implementing and evaluating programmes of care. The post-holder is also required perform to other nursing and non-nursing staff. The post-holder may be required to work within different clinical areas of the Hospital as demand dictates or as clinical services develop further.
1. To provide skilled nursing care and to demonstrate a high standard of nursing practice in the assessment, implementation and evaluation of patient care.
2. To ensure that care is delivered as per Hospital policies.
3. To participate in the 'Induction Programme' of Nursing and other non-clinical staff as applicable after appropriate training.
4. To ensure that custody, administration and recording of medication are in accordance with Hospital and NMC guidelines.
5. To adhere to the guidelines within the NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
6. To deliver nursing duties the meet the demands of the hospital and on occasion other nursing demands within the company
7. Pre admission telephone assessments
8. Day 3 and day 7 post op telephone calls to paediatric patients
9. To be aware of the patient as an individual and adopt a holistic approach in the delivery of care.
10. To risk assess all patients and carry out manual handling as per Hospital policy.
1. To communicate effectively within the multidisciplinary team throughout the Hospital.
2. To co-ordinate patient care and liaise effectively with other disciplines involved.
3. To maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
4. To liaise and communicate effectively with patients and relatives regarding their care and treatment.
5. To adhere to the NMC guidelines for 'Records and Record Keeping'.
Health and Safety
1. To be aware of the Hospital policies and practice in accordance with regulations.
2. To attend annual statutory training in fire, manual handling, infection control and Cardio- pulmonary Resuscitation.
3. To report to the Ward Sister any reportable incident, accidents involving either staff, patients or visitors.
4. To report any defective or faulty equipment to the Ward Sister or Nurse in charge as appropriate.
5. To ensure proper care and usage of equipment in the Ward.
1. To assist with and participate in the in-service training programme (included staff orientation induction programme) to enhance patient care.
2. To maintain and up-date own professional development.
3. To report on study days/courses attended to other members of the ward.
4. To rotate onto various shifts (as required) for professional update, to ensure statutory and personnel development is achieved in line with the Personal Development Plan agreed during the annual appraisal.
1. To attend and contribute regularly to ward management meetings.
2. To participate in objective setting and annual Individual Performance Review.
3. To take on projects/assignments designated by the Ward Sister.
Essential and Desired
Live NMC Membership
Qualifications and experience
Including details of specialised knowledge and skills required
Registered nurse at Level 1
Minimum 2 years post registration experience
Willingness to learn and acquire new skills
Insight and understanding of current issues in nursing
Evidence of CPD
Current Child Protection Training
Experience in Orthopaedics, Endoscopy, Gynaecology, General Surgery, Plastic Surgery and Urology
Previous post registration experience gained within Private sector
Excellent interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
Evidence of problem- solving and decision making skills
Good team player
Ability to accept criticism and act constructively
Willingness to accept additional responsibilities
Gets on well with people at all levels
Physical make-up (i.e. speech, impact on others, general presentation and appearance)
Neat, well-groomed and well presented
Clarity of speech
Good health record
Punctual time keeper
Positive role model
Ability to work core hours
Flexibility for cover
Membership with a professional body
Apply with CV and Cover note to email@example.com
Ref: RGN BELFAST