Clinical Nurse Manager / ADON - Geriatric Hospital
- € 55,000 - 65,000 Per year
- Full time
- Permanent, Contract
- Job level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Manager, Qualified (non-manager)
- 6 May 2019
- 19 Jul 2019
Our client has a fabulous opportunity for a Clinical Nurse Manager 2 / Assistant Director of Nursing for their state of the art hospital in South County Dublin - Join a team of committed professionals today!
S/he will provide strategic leadership, operating in accordance with the policies of the Hospital and in collaboration with other professionals and department heads in achieving service goals.
The Asst. Director of Nursing has a pivotal role in creating the vision and culture for the hospital. S/he will empower staff to support older people to continue to exercise independence.
This senor position reports to the Director of Nursing/PIC.
Details of Service
The Hospital contains 169 beds comprising: Long Stay, Respite, Dementia Care, Supervised independent living.
The person appointed will be reporting to the Director of Nursing/PIC.
The Hospital offers full personalised nursing and medical care to all residents.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Leadership and Accountability
The Assistant Director of Nursing will:
• promote the opportunity for residents to direct their own lives in accordance with their cognitive and physical abilities in an environment that reflects the comforts of home
• promote improved opportunities for residents to have meaningful relationships with families and friends by making them welcome partners in the Hospital
• respect residents, their families and each other as individuals showing dignity, courtesy and professionalism at all times
• promote self-advocacy and /or act as an advocate for residents if required
• actively promote the participation of residents in the running of the Nursing Home
• promote the social interaction of residents with the wider community, including facilitating the ongoing involvement in their personal interests, hobbies etc.
• develop and promote good interpersonal relationships with clients / residents, their family / social network supports and the multidisciplinary care team in the promotion of person-centred care
• endeavour to ensure that care is carried out in an empathetic and ethical manner and that the needs and dignity of the resident are paramount
• collaborate and work closely with the resident, his/her family, the multi-disciplinary team, external agencies and services to facilitate discharge planning, continuity of care and specific care requirements
• collaborate with residents, family, carers and other staff in treatment / care planning and in the provision of support and advice
• ensure that direction and co-ordination of the Hospital is consistent with overall strategy and meets national criteria
• provide strategic and clinical leadership and direction for nursing and related services which results in the delivery of effective, efficient, quality assured and resident centred nursing care
• develop a shared sense of commitment and participation among staff in the management of change, the development of nursing services and in responding to the changing health and social care needs of residents
• develop the concept of collaborative care planning in conjunction with other professionals
• develop and maintain a network of co-operative relationships at local, national level and amongst individuals, groups and organisations
• foster interdisciplinary working relationships and strengthen the interface between different locations of care e.g. G.P., hospitals, POLL, primary care teams etc.
• anticipate and interact with key stakeholders from multiple clinical and administrative services in developing mission, strategic plans, budgets, policies and structures
• participate as a key manager in the overall financial planning of the service including the assessment of priorities in pay and non-pay expenditure
• develop, maintain and review the nursing organisational structure within the context of overall organisational objectives
• ensure that modern standards of clinical nursing care are in operation and that regular monitoring of nursing care is undertaken through audit
• be responsible for strategy and policy on practice development, education and professional duties imposed by statute or determination
• keep the DON/PIC appraised of any significant development and/or risk within his/her area of responsibility and perform such additional duties as may be assigned from time to time by the D.O.N.
Candidates must be registered with the NMBI and have the required experience.
Salary commensurate with experience in line with HSE scales circa €49,056 - 57,995 plus geriatric lead allowance bonus of €1,858 per annum.
Apply with CV or email for full job specification on this great opportunity.
Call Maria on 01-555-7588
This job was posted to Nurse advisor, Nurse assessor, Nursing home nurse in South Dublin
Recommended Similar Jobs
€ 28,768 - 45,701 Per yearFull timePermanent...South Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
ICU Nurse role in our clients state-of-the-art Private Dublin Hospital Purpose of the Post: The staff nurse is responsible for the ...