New Clinical Nurse Manager role
- € 45,000 - 55,000 Per year
- Full time
- Permanent, Contract, Bank
- Job level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Manager, Qualified (non-manager)
- 6 May 2019
- 19 Jul 2019
Great opportunity for a Clinical Nurse Manager to join a fabulous team in our clients state of the art nursing home in Louth
In a homely atmosphere, our client nursing home provides high quality individualised care, along with courteous, understanding, and friendly attention enabling Residents to enjoy a high quality of life.
The vibrant community brings an enjoyable and caring atmosphere to the next phase of life. All residents have the right to privacy and are treated with the utmost respect and dignity. This total caring concept is planned in such a way as to encompass the physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs of Residents at all times.
At the facility they offer long-term residential nursing care, specialised dementia care, convalescence, and respite short stay.
• Active NMBI Registration
• Excellent Leadership, Organisational and Communication skills
• Sound decision making ability
• Ability to motivate yourself and others and work on own initiative
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Clinical Practice
To ensure the delivery of the highest standards of nursing and social care which meet the individual needs of each resident by:
- Ensuring that the home policies and best clinical standards are practiced at all times. Working with different staff members in all areas to ensure that standards are maintained. Also to identify areas that may be of concern which can be discussed with manager and action plan put in place.
- Reviewing residents with pressure sores /sustained falls / clinically unwell, through clinical practices and documentation to ensure appropriate management plan is in place.
- Troubleshoot any ongoing clinical issues and non clinical issues and escalating to the director of nursing.
- Performs a comprehensive assessment of the residents and monitors ongoing assessment and modifications
• Staff Supervision and Training
- In order to fulfill the supervisory function of the role, the CNM needs to work alongside the staff nurses and carers, and to be a visible presence. As part of the routine, it is important to monitor practice in relation to care practices.
- Training and Development/Performance Appraisal – Staff Nurses and Care Assistants – In conjunction with DON
- Training, education, development and induction of nursing and care staff are fundamental to the role. The CNM works with the DON in carrying out regular performance appraisal and helping staff to implement their personal development plan.
- The CNM can work with care assistants, ensuring that they have a professional, yet caring approach to the residents, and that they provide a high standard of direct care.
- It is the CNM who can best implement the Named Nurse and Named Carer in practice, and monitor the effectiveness of individuals in relation to their assigned residents.
- Assessing training needs and implementing in house training, such as infection control, palliative care, understanding challenging behaviour
- The CNM is the supervisor of the staff nurses and carers and is responsible for ensuring that the care delivered is consistently of a high quality and that those delivering the direct care to residents are appropriately skilled, competent, caring and conscientious. The CNM is the team leader of the staff who provide the hands-on care to our residents, is a role model of excellent nursing care and practice and leads by example.
- Ability to assist with all DON’s responsibilities in order to effectively take on the role when covering for annual leave.
- CNM needs to be regularly engaged on the floor supervising staff, monitoring drug rounds, dealing with clinical issues, working with staff and obtaining crucial information on the day to day goings on. By doing this the CNM can observe staff compliance with clinical standards, communication skills with residents and general working practices.
Salary negotiable and commensurate with experience.
Apply with CV or call 01-55575-88
Ref: CNM Louth