Theatre Nurse opportunity in top Galway hospital
- € 28,768 - 45,701 Per year
- Full time
- Permanent, Contract, Bank
- Job level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Qualified (non-manager), Newly qualified
- 6 May 2019
- 19 Jul 2019
Post Title: Staff Nurse
Post Status: Permanent
Reports to: Theatre Manager
Salary: Appointment will be made on Staff Nurse Grade (€28,768- €45,701) at a point in line with Government pay policy.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To assess patient care needs and plan, implement and evaluate programmes of care which meet the patient's physical and emotional needs.
2. Respects the dignity and confidentiality of patients, serving as an advocate as necessary.
3. To actively participate in the Safe Surgery Check procedure (adapted from the WHO recommendations on safe surgery saves lives) in line with local and national policy.
4. To carry out necessary pre, intra and post operative safety checks in accordance with policy.
5. Collaborates with other health team members in planning care.
6. Knows and practices according to established legal requirements, policy and procedures.
7. Establishes care priorities based on nursing/medical patient problems.
8. Performs procedures accurately, completely and safely.
9. Provides care with minimal supervision in a timely manner.
10. Maintains a safe environment for patients.
11. Functions quickly and effectively in an emergency situation.
12. Adapts to changing workload.
13. Deals with near misses, incidents and accidents in accordance with hospital policy.
Accurately record and report details and participate in putting measures in place to prevent re-occurrence.
14. To comply with hospital Hygiene Standards, Infection Prevention and Control Standards and Decontamination Standards.
15. To ensure all hazardous substances are handled in accordance with hospital policy.
16. To implement correct manual handling techniques when carrying out duties.
17. Contributes to nursing quality assurance by assisting in the identification of recurrent nursing problems and cooperating
in data collection.
Applications will be assessed on the basis of how well candidates satisfy these criteria.
Be registered in the General Division of the Register of Nurses with the NMBI. (Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland)
Please apply with CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Maria on 01-555-75-88
Ref: Theatre Nurse - Galway
This job was posted to A&E nurse, Intensive care nurse, Theatre nurse in Galway
Recommended Similar Jobs
€ 35,000 - 45,000 Per yearFull timePermanent...Galway, Galway, Ireland
Fabulous new opportunities for nurses in the West of Ireland for our clients top Private hospital with their state of the art leadi...
€ 30001 - 45000 Per yearFull timePermanentGalway, Galway, Ireland
Cath Lab Staff Nurse Prestigious Private HospitalGalway City IrelandPermanent positionOur client - a prestigious Private Hospital i...
€ 31000 - 45000 Per yearFull timePermanentGalway, Galway, Ireland
A prestigious University teaching Hospital in Galway, Ireland wishes to recruit THEATRE STAFF NURSES [... Click Apply...] General ...
€ 35000 - 45000 Per yearFull timePermanentGalway, Galway, Ireland
Oncology Nurse - Galway Hospital Job OpportunityA major University Hospital in Galway is now seeking to hire Oncology Staff NursesO...