Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via the NHS Jobs website or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your NHS Jobs and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.Registered Nurse- Gastroenterology, Haematology and Infectious Diseases, Band 5, salary between £23,023 and £29,608, ***RELOCATION SUPPORT AVAILABLE UP TO £4,000***
Registered Nurses required to work within our ‘Marvellous Medicine’ division at one of the UK’s largest NHS Hospital Trusts. Gate 8a is a busy, fast paced unit caring for patients with acute complex needs in the specialities of Gastroenterology, Haematology and Infectious Diseases. Our Infectious Diseases unit is the Regional Specialist across the South West for complex and rare infections. You will be based in our award winning Brunel building at Southmead Hospital, North Bristol.Salary:
range between from £23,023 to £29,608 (AFC, band 5), dependent on experience, plus an additional supplement of 30% for Saturdays and between 8pm and 6am and a 60% supplement for Sundays and bank holidays for any work undertaken as a result of working on a shift out of hours. You will also be eligible for a wide variety of excellent NHS benefits.WHY APPLY?
This Registered Nurse position gives a fantastic opportunity for a role with-
- Diverse patients- with three sub specialities on the ward, you will gain experience and working relationships with patients with a variety of medical conditions and requirements
- Flexible interview options- we can offer interviews via Skype or face to face- whichever is easiest for you
- Professional development- rotational opportunities available within the sub specialities, providing a great opportunity to develop experience for those who aspire for a future within ED/ITU. There is also the opportunity to take part in a rotation programme across the medicine division in Complex Care, Specialist and Acute medicine.
- A supportive, strong leader- ward manager is a visible role model with an open door policy
- An active teaching programme-department has an active teaching programme and can provide the opportunity for those who wish to participate in a Link Nurse role, where you will be allocated responsibilities for a specific subject (I.e. Nutrition)
- Excellent working facilities- you will be based in the Brunel building at Southmead Hospital which has been named the best designed large hospital internationally at the European Healthcare Awards
- Award winning location- Bristol has been consistently voted as one of the best places to live in the UK, with a rich history, thriving arts, music, gastronomic and independent retail scenes, excellent transport links and easy access to spectacular countryside and coastlines. If you prefer country, village or smaller town living, NBT is also easily commutable from a range of attractive locations in North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and South Wales (e.g. Portishead, Chepstow, Clevedon, Nailsea, Frome, Thornbury, Weston-Super-Mare)
- Relocation support- available for up to £4,000 for eligible applicants*. Please email Apply for more details.
In this Registered Nurse post, you will play a key role within a team of nursing staff in the delivery of evidence based patient-centred care. Key duties will include:
- Providing nursing care for a group of patients with multiple complex needs
- Assessing patients changing conditions and delegating care taking into account staff skills and competence
- Administering medication and for some multiple complex intravenous therapies
- Providing support in other areas of the medicine division as appropriate
: The successful candidate will be:
- A team player who remains calm in pressured environments
- Able to recognise own limitations and to not be afraid to ask for support
- Excited by the thought of