King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust part of King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC), is one of the UK’s largest and busiest teaching hospitals with a turnover of nearly £1 billion, 1.5 million patient contacts a year and more than 11,500 staff based across 5 main sites in South East London.
The Trust provides a full range of local hospital services across its different sites, and specialist services from King’s College Hospital (KCH) site in Camberwell and the Princess Royal University Hospital (PRUH) site in Bromley.Children's Ambulatory
Band 5 Paediatric Staff NursePositions
- Permanent Part time position
- 12 Months Full time position (Maternity cover)
King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust in South East London is a large teaching hospital and is at the forefront of academic and nursing excellence. Within the Variety Children’s Hospital @ Kings is our thriving ambulatory service consisting of Phillip Isaac’s Ward and Children’s Outpatients.
We are looking to recruit newly qualified or experienced band 5 paediatric nurses to join our team at an exciting time of change for Children’s Ambulatory Care. Our service is looking to expand and encompass an increasingly nurse led service including extended roles, nurse led discharge as well as outreach services with mental health and community links.
Philip Isaacs is a 9 bed day case unit which cares for patients from multiple specialties including haematological, hepatic, endocrine, neurological and allergic diseases and disorders. Children attend the unit for procedures and treatments related and occasionally unique to these conditions including bone marrow aspirates, biopsies and MRI/CT scans.
Our Children’s Outpatients Department runs in conjunction with Phillip Isaac’s, caters for all disciplines within the Child Health Department and offers opportunities to work alongside teams offering a truly multidisciplinary approach to health care including nurse led clinics.
We offer a competency based framework of development with support from our practice development team. We can offer you excellent educational opportunities from in house study courses to post graduate education through Kings College London University or London South Bank University.For further details / informal visits contact:
Hannah Harwood, Junior Sister on Apply
, Laura Duffell, on Apply
or via email at Apply
or Ludmilla Sawyer, Senior Sister on Apply
or Apply IMPORTANT
- Check your email account regularly as this is how we will communicate with you
- If you delete the job from any of your accounts, you may be prevented from accessing further communications
- To enquire about your application or inform us of any changes in your circumstances, please contact the named person on this advert
- Please provide email addresses for referees where possible
- Click here to see the range of benefits we offer
- Please review the documentation on our recruitment microsite, particularly the Trust’s criminal records checking policy
- All staff have a responsibility for safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and for ensuring they are aware of the specific duties relating to their role.
- Due to a high volume of applications, this advert might close before the displayed closing date. It is therefore recommended that you apply promptly
After applying via NHS Jobs, your submitted application will be imported into our ‘Trac’ recruitment system. All subsequent information regarding your application will be generated from apps.trac.jobs. You will not be able to track the progress of your application on NHS Jobs and we will not be able to respond to emails sent through it. By applying for this post you are agreeing to King’s transferring the information contained in your application to its preferred applicant management system. If you are offered a job, information will also be transferred into the national NHS Electronic Staff Records system.
Equality and Diversity Information
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Annual Reports and Other Corporate Publications
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust - Our Values (Links to a Video on 'You Tube')
King's Health Partners Academic Health Science Centre Website
King's College Hospital is part of King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC), a pioneering collaboration between King's College London, and Guy's and St Thomas', King's College Hospital and South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trusts.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehab