I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details including your CV from our site. You will have re-register next time.
An opportunity has arisen for a Director of Nursing in our clients state of the art nursing home in Galway
The dedicated care team are continuously trained to care for residents varying and individual needs. They cater for both short and long term respite care. Convalescent care is also available for those recovering from surgery.
The home caters for residents with different levels of care needs, from nursing, residential and respite to residential dementia care. The home has a team of registered nurses, senior carers and care assistants dedicated to delivering high standards of 24 hour care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Quality of Care Responsibilities
To ensure the delivery of the highest standards of nursing and social care which meet the individual needs of each resident through implementation of:
- The Company’s Quality of Care System
- Clinical practice in the home meets Regulations and Standards
- Monitoring of clinical practice through individualised plans of care for each resident
- Conducting internal audits and following up on results of same
- Initial induction of staff and ongoing training and development of staff
- Encouragement of innovative practice
- Ensuring implementation and adherence to Company and HIQA standards, procedures and guidelines
• Financial Administration Responsibilities
- Maintenance of administrative procedures in the absence of the Administrator
- Monitoring of administrative procedures
- Knowledge of residents fee income, funding source, fee arrears, personal allowance, financial records
- Management of the Community Unit’s budget.
- Have an understanding of legislative requirements regarding the financial affairs of mentally impaired people
• General Management
- Conducting regular communication meetings with all clinical staff
- Establish a good rapport with external community agencies bringing the local community into the Home and facilitating residents to attend functions/activities within the local community
- Liaise with Marketing to maximise opportunities to ensure the Home has a high profile in the local community
- Monitor all complaints ensuring that each is documented to include the investigation and outcome
- Implement Company Health and Safety Policy to safeguard the safety and welfare of staff, residents and others
- Implement regular fire training and evacuation plans
- Ensure catering meets HACCP standards and is to the highest quality and variety
- Ensure the hygiene and cleanliness of the home is to the highest standard
- Ensure a preventative maintenance programme is in place and implemented
• Human Resources Function
- Participate in the selection and interviewing of staff
- Conduct regular training needs analysis
- Ensure HR practices within the Home comply with all current employment legislation
with regard to clinical matters
- Ensure all registered nurses employed in the Home are on the "live" Register
Qualifications Skills and Attributes:
• Qualified NMBI Registered RGN with at least 3 years experience in the last 6 years in care of the older Person in Ireland
• Registered on appropriate part of Irish live register
• Proven track record in healthcare clinical management
• Excellent Leadership, Organisational and Communication skills
• Sound decision making ability and results driven
• Good appreciation of finance issues
• Ability to motivate self and others and work on own initiative
• Ability to work well and promote a team environment
• Willingness to be flexible and adapt to the needs of the company
Salary negotiable commensurate with experience.
Apply with CV to email@example.com
Call Maria on 01-555-7588
€ 22 - 24 Per hourFull timePermanentGalway, Galway, Ireland
Clinical Nurse ManagerHeadhunt International is currently looking for a CNM to work in a state of the art Nursing Home in GalwayGra...