Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via the NHS Jobs website or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your NHS Jobs and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.Lead Nurse /Deputy Head of Nursing NHS, Bristol, £49,242 - £59,964 per annum + excellent NHS benefits
Are you a highly motivated senior nurse looking to take the next step in your career and play a pivotal role in one of the largest hospital trusts in the UK?
Due to the successful promotion of the existing post holders we have 2 excellent opportunities for the right individuals to join our Divisional Nursing Leadership Team and further develop their careers.
- Deputy Head of Nursing/Lead Nurse for Emergency and Elective Care- up to 12 months secondment/fixed term
- Deputy Head of Nursing/Lead Nurse for Critical Care, Renal and Vascular- 6 months secondment/fixed term
This is a chance for a highly motivated senior nurse with the ability to work at high pace to join us as a key member of the Anaesthesia, Surgery, Critical Care and Renal Division. We are passionate about developing our services and ensuring that we have a sustainable workforce for the future. You will be based at Southmead Hospital, with a salary between £49,242-£59,964 per annum (AFC band 8b) + excellent NHS benefitsWhy Apply?
This Registered Nurse role offers a fantastic opportunity to take a role with-
- Professional development – you will be supported by the divisional to further development your leadership skills, playing a key role in building the service
- Award winning facilities- you will be based in the Brunel building at Southmead which has won numerous awards, including the best designed large hospital internationally at the European Healthcare Awards
- An Excellent location- the trust resides within one of the most vibrant cities in the UK, Bristol. Voted the best city to live in the UK 2017, Bristol is famous for its year round festivals, award-winning cycle tracks, exceptional gastronomy, stunning cityscapes and awe inspiring street art. If you prefer country, village or smaller town living, NBT is also easily commutable from a range of attractive locations in North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and South Wales (e.g. Portishead, Chepstow, Clevedon, Nailsea, Frome, Thornbury)
As the Lead Nurse/Deputy Head of Nursing, you will be managerially and professionally responsible for designated departments in the Anaesthesia, Surgery, Critical Care and Renal division. Key duties include:
- Working under the supervision of the Head of Nursing and in partnership with the Assistant General Managers and Specialty Leads to provide strong and effective leadership, ensuring the effective and efficient delivery of services to clinical users and patients.
- A key member of the Anesthesia, Surgery, Critical Care and Renal Division, setting the pace for an efficient service and building strong stakeholder relationships. A sound understanding of Clinical Governance, Quality and Safety, alongside a proven record of delivering a safe and sustainable workforce are required alongside the tenacity to drive ideas to outcome.
- Direct line management of the Clinical Matrons, ensuring assignments are in place to set objectives, monitor performance and agree, review and delivery personal development needs.
- Providing clinical leadership as a professional, visible role model for the division and the trust.
These roles play a pivotal role at North Bristol NHS Trust, leading our nursing workforce within the Anaesthesia, Surgery, Critical Care & Renal (ASCR) Division and not to mention the opportunity to further develop your professional career path within one of the UK's largest NHS Trusts.
We are looking for senior nurses who have a sound understanding of service line management with a passion for delivering safe and high quality services is required with tenacity to drive ideas to outcome .Closing date:
22nd NovemberProposed Interview date:
4th December 2018For further details / informal visits contact:
For further details please contact Su Monk, Divisional Head of Nursing ASCR,