Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via the NHS Jobs website or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your NHS Jobs and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.Registered Nurse- Medicine Rotation Post, Band 5, salary between £23,023 and £29,608 (AFC band 5), North Bristol NHS Trust
In our ‘Marvellous Medicine’ division, we are committed to providing staff with the skills and knowledge to meet the ever changing challenges of modern nursing. Our rotational program has been designed to give staff who undertake it a wide range of experience and skills throughout the three core areas of care. These are: Complex Care, Specialist Medicine and Acute Medicine.
These rotational posts are a fantastic opportunity for newly qualifying nurses or experienced nurses looking to further develop their skills in a hospital environment. You will be based in Southmead Hospital, North Bristol, with a salary between £23,023 and £29,608 per annum, depending on experience + excellent NHS benefits.How the program works:
Depending on projected vacancies within the medicine division, we create a rotation comprising of one ward from each of the three sub specialties (Complex, Specialist and Acute). Each placement lasts 9 months to allow you to fully get to grips to the area before moving onto your next placement. At the end of the 3 placements you and your mentor will review current vacancies and a permanent position will be offered.WHY APPLY?
This Registered Nurse post is a fantastic opportunity to take a role with:
- Variety- you will gain exposure to a variety of different wards and specialties within medicine
- Professional development- the rotation will provide you with a wealth of experience across the division and provides a solid start to those who aspire to be part of the leadership team of the future
- Support- for Newly Qualified Nurses, you will have excellent support from our preceptorship programme, along with a senior buddy on the ward you are allocated
- Excellent working facilities- you may be based in the Brunel building at Southmead Hospital which has previously been awarded the best designed large hospital internationally at the European Healthcare Awards
- Award winning location- Bristol has been consistently voted as one of the best places to live in the UK, with a rich history, thriving arts, music, gastronomic and independent retail scenes, excellent transport links and easy access to spectacular countryside and coastlines. If you prefer country, village or smaller town living, NBT is also easily commutable from a range of attractive locations in North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and South Wales (e.g. Portishead, Chepstow, Clevedon, Nailsea, Frome, Thornbury)
Successful candidates will be:
- A Registered or Newly Qualifying Nurse
- Passionate about providing high quality care in a fast paced, supported environment
- Excited at the opportunity of professional development
APPLY NOW! For further enquiries or more information, please contact Apply
.***This role is eligible for our internal Refer a Friend scheme***
If it’s not for you, please share with anyone who may be interested – thanks!
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications, we are unable to reply to unsuccessful applications. However, we will give full feedback to all candidates who are interviewed.Interviews for this post will be held at our next Recruitment Open Day - Saturday 13th October
If you are unable to make this date, please let us know and we will be able to schedule a time that best suits you.
Key words- Nurse, Medical Nurse, Staff Nurse, Registered Nurse, RotationsFor more information, please email Apply or Apply.
The following is applicable for ‘At Risk’ employees, who must meet the essential shortlisting criteria to be eligible for interview.
Those from within North Bristol NHS Trust who apply for this role will be considered for shortlisting in the first instance.
Those from within the BNSSG (Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire) who apply for this role will be considered in the second instance.