I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details including your CV from our site. You will have re-register next time.
Our clients state of the art nursing home is seeking a Clinical Nurse Manager for their nursing home in Mayo.
This position is a full time post.
The CNM will do some rotations onto nights (not routinely).
It includes weekends and all shifts are 12 hour shifts
commencing at 7.30am or 7.30pm.
• Nursing Qualification and Registration with An Bord Altranais
• Evidence of continuous professional development
• Some supervision or management experience and proven track record in leading teams.
• Previous study in gerontology or willingness to undertake further study in this area.
• Demonstrate a sound knowledge and clinical nursing practice together with future trends in Care of Older Persons
• Shows an understanding of current legislative policies pertinent to Care of the Older Persons.
• Suitable candidates must be person centred and understanding. They must demonstrate that they are caring, empathetic and sympathetic to the needs of the residents.
• Have excellent communication, listening and interpersonal skills
• Good multi tasker who can confidently and calmly manage situations which may arise and make informed decisions in best interest of resident.
• Demonstrate sound clinical knowledge.
• Work compassionately and with empathy with the residents
• Demonstrate the ability to prioritise and be flexible and adaptable. The role will require you to work flexibly covering rostered shifts of days, nights, weekends and bank holidays.
• Provide direction and support to staff nurses and Health Care Assistants in the direct provision of care.
• Ensure the delivery of the highest standard of nursing care.
• Represent the nursing home as a senior manager and act with the best interest of the nursing home and its residents at all times.
• Display business and financial acumen and an appreciation of the requirements of the environment.
• Maintain awareness of the bigger picture and demonstrate business awareness when making decisions. Be proactive in seeking opportunities for improvements and embrace change.
• Act professionally in all situations.
• Display high levels of personal integrity and maintain confidentiality in all relevant aspects required of the role. Exercise discretion when dealing with issues and not discuss any issue regarding a resident or staff member inappropriately
• Be a leader in best practice when handling difficult situations which may arise with residents.
• Demonstrate leadership to all staff and be prepared to give feedback constructively when required. This will include delivering probation reviews and appraisals.
• Manage staff on the floor to get optimum results; Manage allocations, rosters and annual leave.
• Collaborate with the Director of Nursing in preparing, implementing policies and procedures
• Ensure the clinical practice within the home meets regulations and standards.
• Ensure nursing documentation is comprehensively maintained and complies with record keeping requirements.
• Ensure medication management is compliant on a day to day basis with medication policies and procedures.
• Engage in clinical audit and monitoring to ensure care practices are robust and consistent with the nursing home policies.
• Ensure the overall practices of the nursing home meet health and safety, hygiene and cleanliness and fire regulations.
• Be responsible for delivering staff training as required
• All staff are required to establish and maintain relationships with residents that are based on respect and equality and promote their independence.
• Comply with the employee responsibilities as set out in the Safety Statement. Take reasonable care of your own health and safety, and that of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.
Apply with CV or call Maria on 01-555 for further details
Ref: CNM Mayo
€ 50000 - 50000 Per yearFull timePermanentFoxford, Mayo, Ireland
Job Title: - Clinical Nurse Manager - CNM - Elderly Care - Dementia Care - Nursing Home - County Mayo - Nurse Jobs Are you currentl...