Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust provides specialist mental health services and community services for more than one million people in Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Heywood, Middleton, Stockport, Trafford, Tameside and Glossop. The Trust’s Headquarters is based in Ashton-under-Lyne, ten miles north east of Manchester city centre.
The Trust provides support to all new starters, in patient facing roles bands 1 to 4, to successfully complete the Care Certificate standards relevant to their role. The certificate provides knowledge and skills to enable staff to perform safely and effectively.
The Trust is committed to improving the working lives of our employees. We actively promote equal opportunities, flexible working & staff support
We are committed to safeguarding & promoting the welfare of children & vulnerable adults & expect all employees & volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments to regulated activities will require an enhanced DBS disclosure
Everything we do is underpinned by five meaningful CARES values:C
These shape how we work, define what we stand for and show everyone what Pennine Care is all about.
The Trust reserves the right to close this post once a sufficient number of applications have been submitted. It is encouraged that you complete the application at your earliest convenience to avoid disappointment.Advert – Staff Nurse PICU
An opportunity has arisen for a Staff Nurse to join the nursing team at the Cobden Unit (Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit).
The Cobden Unit is a 10 bedded PICU situated at Stepping Hill Hospital.
The unit provides short-term intensive assessment, treatment and support to service users within the Pennine care footprint, who maybe experiencing psychiatric crisis, and often present with a variety of complex mental health needs.
We are currently looking to recruit staff nurses (RMN) to our team. We are seeking caring and motivated individuals with a desire to work with service users who require a high level of support.
We are in a position to fully support a preceptorship programme for newly qualified staff.
To contribute to the development of an evidenced based therapeutic culture; which maximises a patient’s recovery potential whilst maintaining a safe and relationally secure environment. To ensure that the highest possible standards of nursing care are carried out in accordance with current legislation, trust policies and procedures.
Key Responsibilities of the Post:
- To work with individual patients and multi disciplinary team members in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care.
- To undertake PICU assessments with the support of the senior team
- To act as a Named Nurse for allocated patients.
- To maintain accurate written records of nursing interventions.
- Engage in Physical Intervention Training for the management of violence and aggression and utilise the approved techniques in the clinical area.
- To teach and supervise other nursing staff and students and to undertake mentoring of student nurses.
Key Requirements of the Person Specification:
- Previous experience of working within PICU/Acute Services
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess a level of fitness to carry out duties / tasks of the job description after reasonable adjustments under the terms of the DDA have been made.
- Able to work on internal rotation basis
- Able to work shifts (including night shifts) to meet the needs of the service
For further details / informal visits contact:
Manager: Joanne Jackson
Contact Number: Apply All new starters to Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust who are appointed to a post which requires a Disclosure Barring Certificate check (DBS) will be recharged for the full cost of the check. Substantive staff can choose to spread the cost over their first three months’ salary or pay the full amount from their first months’ salary. Members to the Trust bank must repay the full amount from their first pay. The Trust encourages all staff and bank workers to register with the DBS update service at an annual cost of £13, for bank members this is obligatory. The cost of an enhanced DBS check