Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust provides specialist mental health services and community services for more than one million people in Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Heywood, Middleton, Stockport, Trafford, Tameside and Glossop. The Trust’s Headquarters is based in Ashton-under-Lyne, ten miles north east of Manchester city centre.
The Trust provides support to all new starters, in patient facing roles bands 1 to 4, to successfully complete the Care Certificate standards relevant to their role. The certificate provides knowledge and skills to enable staff to perform safely and effectively.
The Trust is committed to improving the working lives of our employees. We actively promote equal opportunities, flexible working & staff support
We are committed to safeguarding & promoting the welfare of children & vulnerable adults & expect all employees & volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments to regulated activities will require an enhanced DBS disclosure
Everything we do is underpinned by five meaningful CARES values:C
These shape how we work, define what we stand for and show everyone what Pennine Care is all about.
The Trust reserves the right to close this post once a sufficient number of applications have been submitted. It is encouraged that you complete the application at your earliest convenience to avoid disappointment.Interviews will be held on Friday 28th August 2018
This is an exciting opportunity for band 5 nurses.
We are looking to recruit Band 5 Community Staff Nurses for the Enhanced Intermediate Care facility at Butler Green in Oldham.
Enhanced Intermediate Care (EIC) forms part of the Oldham Urgent Care pathway and strives towards preventing acute hospital admission.
The Enhanced Intermediate Care philosophy is to provide holistic and highly skilled assessment and rehabilitation by an experienced multi disciplinary team.
This service provides extended community services to residents of Oldham.
The Urgent care response team provide community assessment and support and work closely with the ambulance services. The expansion of the team includes both ambulatory and domicilary IV services with Butler Green providing the HUB for the community services. The clinical staff offer advice and support to patients in the community and have addition skills to change enteral balloon tubes to enable patients to remain in their home. Staff work closely with the wider community services to provide unique care to our patients.
The extended team includes the transfer of care team and staff based within the Accident and emergency department. There is also an opportunity to in-reach into the hospital to improve patient pathway.
The service is provided 24 hours a day 7 days a week, flexibility and the ability to work shifts including night duty, weekends and bank holidays will be required.
Staff will be part of rotation to provide a Domiciliary IV Service within the Oldham Community.
The post holders will provide high quality, skilled nursing care within the enhanced care facility in Oldham. You will be expected to participate in a holistic, ongoing assessment of care needs and to work unsupervised. You will also work in partnership with the therapy team and other members of the primary health care team.
Key Responsibilities of the Post:
• To deliver a high standard of care to patients within the unit.
• Participate in the ongoing assessment, implementation, development and evaluation of programmes of care in conjunction with the unit manager and therapists, patients, carers and/or other disciplines/agencies.
• To assist the patient towards self-care and maximise rehabilitation, advising on the principles of a healthy lifestyle through advising on the promotion of health and prevention of ill health and principles of rehabilitation.
• Effective communication with colleagues, patients, carers and other agencies working on behalf of the patient.
Key Requirements of the Person Specification:
• First level registration (Registered Adult Nurse).
• Current registration with Nursing and Midwifery Council.
• Demonstrate an awareness of delivering nursing services within a community setting
• Use or access to a car or suitable means of transport.Interviews will be held on Friday 28th August 2018
For further details / informal visits contact:
Nicki Gill – Lead Nurse on Apply All new starters to Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust who are appointed to a post which requires a Disclosure Barring Certificate check (DBS) will be recharged for the full cost of the check. Substantive st