Staff Nurses, Coronary Care, Waterford
- € 30000.0 - 45000.0 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 25 Sep 2020
- 22 Mar 2021
Staff Nurses - Coronary Care Unit
Provide professional nursing care for a defined group of patients by having responsibility for the assessment, planning and implementation of care needs, along with the delivery and evaluation of skilled professional care, under the direction of the Department Manager. The CCU Staff Nurse will provide expert cardiology nursing advice and provide educational support.
The CCU Staff Nurse will provide exceptional patient care in an environment where quality, respect, caring and compassion are at the centre of all we do. The CCU Nurse will possess highly developed analytical skills through extensive experience, enabling an understanding of complex critical cardiac Summary
- Recognise life threatening and non-life-threatening arrhythmias both within CCU and through the use of telemetry monitoring throughout the hospital.
- Demonstrate expertise in the nursing assessment and management of emergency cardiac admissions and acutely ill cardiac patients including, acute cardiac chest pain patients, administering intravenous opiates and nitrate infusions as prescribed.
- Have the ability to anticipate, recognise and rapidly respond to the unpredictable problems/ complaints of the critically ill cardiac patient.
- Assess and manage all patients fast tracked to the acute chest pain admission bed with the view to thrombolysis.
- Provide a safe and welcoming environment for patients and their relatives in a highly complex and technical area.
- Liaise with the multidisciplinary team in a timely manner to ensure the safe and effective management of the patient flow and robust management of emergency cardiac admissions.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team fostering good communication and working relationships with colleagues of all disciplines, using specialised practice to improve patient outcomes.
- Plan the safe transport of critically ill patients within the hospital and when transferring to receiving Cardio-Thoracic Centres.
- Assist in complex and invasive interventions, e.g.;
- Emergency cardiac pacing both external and transvenous
- Emergency intubation
- CVP monitoring
- Following training, demonstrate specialised knowledge and skills to perform essential procedures vital to the ongoing care of the cardiac patient.
Professional / Education
Under the direction of the Department Manager the post holder will:
- Provide feedback to nurse managers in the compilation of proficiency assessments for junior nurses in the clinical setting.
- Contribute to the identification of training needs pertinent to the clinical area.
- Identify and contribute to the continual enhancement of learning opportunities in the clinical area.
- Participate in the clinical induction of all new nursing and support staff.
- Develop leadership ability in order to act as an effective role model.
- Assume responsibility for own learning and development needs.
- The CCU Staff nurse will embody the values in all their day to day activities within the hospital.
The Post holder must hold the following to fulfil the requirements of this post:
- Be Registered General Nurse with The Nursing and Midwifery Bord of Ireland (NMBI)
- Level 8 qualification (or equivalent) in Cardiac/Critical Care.
- Competency in ECG interpretation or a willingness to undertake study for same.
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
- In depth/extensive experience and knowledge of working within a cardiac care setting.
Kate Cowhig International Healthcare Recruitment - 21 jobs https://www.healthcarejobs.ie/jobs/health-care-ireland/kate-cowhig-international-healthcare-recruitment/ https://www.healthcarejobs.ie/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/1d76fb32-61e5-48c3-bd84-e52bde4fe5d2131236080435040240.png
This job was posted to Ward nurse in Waterford
Recommended Similar Jobs
€ 40000.0 - 45000.0 Per yearFull timePermanentWaterford, Waterford, Ireland
Nurse Advisor Orthopaedics excellent Job in WaterfordFantastic opportunity for a Clinical Support Specialist/Nurse Advisor to join ...
€ 50000.0 - 60000.0 Per yearFull timePermanentWaterford, Waterford, Ireland
Assistant Director of Nursing excellent nursing home WaterfordThis is an excellent opportunity with a top Nursing home in Waterford...
€ 55000.0 - 70000.0 Per yearFull timePermanent...Waterford, Waterford, Ireland
Our client is currently seeking an Assistant Director of Nursing for their state of the art nursing home in Waterford The role of t...