Clinical Nurse Manager - Inpatients, Kildare
- € 46000.0 - 55000.0 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 25 Sep 2020
- 22 Mar 2021
Clinical Nurse Manager required for Inpatients - Acute Hospital setting, Kildare
To manage all Inpatient activities, promoting effective nursing and care practice, whilst managing clinical and non-clinical staff to ensure efficient day-to-day management of Inpatient services. To work in collaboration with the Chief Nursing Officer and other members of the inter-professional team, ensuring that the use of beds is effective and that nurse led discharge is promoted.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as a positive clinical role model and provide support and clinical advice to staff. Demonstrate expert practice where appropriate. Lead by example through visible leadership to motivate and empower others.
- The post holder will have continuing responsibility for the quality of care within the Inpatients ward and the achievement of safe, professional and competent nursing practice.
- To work in close collaboration with the Chief Nursing Officer and other members of the inter-professional team ensuring that surgical beds are effectively used and that the development of nurse led discharge is supported.
- Develop evidence-based policies and procedures in line with best practice for the speciality in collaboration with the Chief Nursing Officer and Lead Clinicians. This will include nurse - led discharge, developing links with the community discharge teams as appropriate.
- To ensure that the available Hospital resources are used in the most efficient and effective manner.
- To ensure that staff attend all mandatory training and their individual development needs are identified and undertaken through yearly appraisal.
- To contribute to Hospital wide activities that promote and support the development of the service provided.
- To ensure that relationships and own behaviour is managed in line with Hospital ethos, policies and SOP’s.
- To ensure all staff have an understanding and adhere to the UPMC values.
- Take responsibility and accountability for the delivery of professional, competent and high-quality nursing care
- Ensure that each aspect of practice is directed to meeting the holistic needs and serving the best interests of patients.
- Ensure that a clinical supervision and preceptor ship programme for all clinical team members is being followed as per NMBI recommendations.
- Identify any areas of continuous concern relating to clinical practice reporting to the Chief Nursing Officer as soon as reasonably possible, detailing the action that has been initiated.
- Ensure that the NMBI Code of Professional Conduct and other board guidance relating to professional practice is followed at all times and that staff have access to this guidance.
- Take responsibility to ensure staff are aware, have access and comply with professional and Hospital policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Work closely with the Chief Nursing Officer to review and monitor Hospital specific guidelines/standards to promote best clinical practice.
- Influence the development of practice, utilising the relevant clinical skills and given experience to improve patient care.
- Incorporate Lean Six Sigma techniques to improve patient care, experience and Hospital efficiency.
- The Post holder must hold the following to fulfil the requirements of this post:
- Be Registered General Nurse with The Nursing and Midwifery Bord of Ireland (NMBI).
- At least 5 year’s post registration experience – essential.
- Management qualification - desirable
- Evidence of ongoing CPD.
- Excellent remuneration package available to the successful applicant
- Permanent contract - 39 hours per week
- Flexible hours and rosters
- Modern and growing range of services
- Opportunities for career progression and support for professional development
HOW TO APPLY:
Immediate interviews available
Full recruitment support from a dedicated KCR team member provided.
Kate Cowhig International Healthcare Recruitment - 22 jobs https://www.healthcarejobs.ie/jobs/health-care-ireland/kate-cowhig-international-healthcare-recruitment/ https://www.healthcarejobs.ie/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/1d76fb32-61e5-48c3-bd84-e52bde4fe5d2131236080435040240.png
This job was posted to Nursing home nurse in Kildare
Recommended Similar Jobs
€ 21.0 - 22.5 Per hourFull timePermanentKildare, Kildare, Ireland
Nurse urgently required nursing home Kildare 22.5 Euro hour!Staff Nurse Permanent Job Title: Staff Nurse - Excellent Opportunities ...
Full timePermanentNaas, Maynooth, Kildare, Ireland
Excellent benefits, work environment and room for progression. Requirements: -Experience of elderly care and gerontology highl...