Staff Nurse for top Nursing home
- € 28768.0 - 45800.0 Per year
- Full time
- Permanent, Contract, Bank
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager), Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Newly qualified
- 17 Sep 2020
- 31 Dec 2020
Our clients Healthcare group is an Irish company that owns and manages a growing number of nursing homes across Ireland, providing quality care for over 350 residents. Established in 1993, the Group offers great employment and training opportunities. Committed to attracting and retaining professional and dedicated staff to help provide the highest level of care possible to residents.
The Group invests a significant amount of resources in staff development and training so that care teams can implement international best practice and have access to the latest developments in gerontology and residential care of the elderly services.
About the Role:
Carrying out a range of duties to ensure that the person centered care and well-being of residents is met satisfactorily, including supervision of all staff.
- Supervising and controlling staff in the course of their duties.
- Supervising and controlling arrangements for resident’s admissions and discharges.
- Supervise, control and administer medications and drugs and ensure safe-keeping and proper storage in accordance with the Company’s policy on medication management and An Bord Altranais scope of practice.
- Ensure that Drug/Medication Rounds are carried out at their specified times and as laid down in the Policies & Procedures Manual.
- Develop individual care plans for residents using a person centered approach.
- Ensure that Care Notes and Care Plans are recorded accurately in a timely manner and that records are signed and dated.
- Observe and monitor the physical and mental well-being of residents including: condition of skin, pressure areas, incontinence and injuries. Try to solve problems and ensure appropriate treatment is given as outlined in the resident’s care plan.
Ensure that the provision of care includes, where required, making contact with the appropriate GP and that any medication and/or treatment prescribed is administered as soon as possible.
- Carry out washing, bathing, showering, toileting and dressing residents. Request help from Care Assistants, work with them and delegate tasks if required.
- Supervise and serve residents meal times and feeding requirements and delegate tasks as required.
- Ensure that high standards of hygiene are maintained and that equipment is kept in a satisfactory condition and stored correctly.
- Assist D.O.N. and A/D.O.N. with in-house training and fire drill.
- Report complaints by residents, their relative or agent and staff to D.O.N. and A/D.O.N. accordingly.
- Report allegations or suspicions of abuse to D.O.N. Comply with the Company’s policy on abuse and whistleblowing.
- Comply with all other procedures as set out in the company Policies & Procedures Manual, Staff Notices and other company information.
- Perform other appropriate duties which D.O.N. or A/D.O.N. may request and attend staff meetings.
- In the absence of D.O.N or A/D.O.N. take charge and overall responsibility for the home.
Competitive pay (based on experience), breaks paid, uniform provided, free on-site parking.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Registered nurse: 2 years (Preferred)
Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland registration (Required)
Apply with CV for further details
This job was posted to Nursing home nurse, Nursing home mental health nurse, Nursing home learning disability nurse in Dublin 6
Recommended Similar Jobs
€ 45000.0 - 50000.0 Per yearFull timePermanentDublin, Dublin, Ireland
Clinical Nurse Manager excellent South Dublin Nursing HomeClinical Nurse Manager - Care of the Elderly, South Dublin, Ireland.A wel...
€ 2.0 - 45000.0 Per yearFull timePermanentDublin, Dublin, Ireland
Clinical Nurse Manager job excellent nursing home Dublin SouthAn excellent nursing home in Dublin South is looking to recruit an ex...