Staff Nurse Oncology Ward / Day ward
- € 28768.0 - 45800.0 Per year
- Full time
- Permanent, Contract, Bank
- Job level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Qualified (non-manager), Newly qualified
- 20 Aug 2020
- 31 Dec 2020
Our clients Private Hospital is the single, biggest acute private hospital in Dublin. They offer the highest number of consultants and the widest range of specialist care in Ireland’s only integrated multi-hospital campus. Situated on the same grounds as it's neighbouring University Hospital, they share resources, expertise and medical facilities with one of the country’s leading academic teaching hospital. This means that they have the capacity to deal with a high volume of patients with a variety of different and often complex medical and surgical requirements.
They are a registered not for profit charity who continues to set new standards and benchmarks for private medical care in Ireland.
Their patients can access a comprehensive range of specialist services including Breast Surgery, Cardiology, Dermatology, Endocrinology, ENT Surgery, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Microbiology, Radiology, Radiotherapy, Hepatobiliary Surgery, Renal Metabolic Medicine, Medicine for the Elderly, Neurology, Oncology, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedic Surgery, Pain Management, Urology, Gynaecology, Haematology, Histopathology, Palliative Medicine, Plastic Surgery, Respiratory Medicine, Rheumatology, Thoracic Surgery and Vascular Surgery.
The hospital has 236 inpatient beds, 31 general and 23 oncology day care beds, 12 consulting suites, operating theatres for major and minor surgery, endoscopy, radiotherapy, cardiology and diagnostic imaging facilities which includes General Radiography, CT Scanning, Interventional Radiology, Mammography, Ultrasound and Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI).
At the Hospital, they will strive to maintain excellence in clinical and multi-disciplinary care, treating each patient individually with dignity and respect recognising, at all times, the right of everyone to access the care and treatment they need to achieve the best possible healthcare outcomes – regardless of race, ethnicity, religion or gender.
They remain true to values of human dignity, compassion, justice, quality and advocacy.
Each candidate must:
• Be registered on the general division of the register of nurses maintained by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland.
• Have at least 2 years post registration experience in an acute hospital setting (with the exception of New Graduates).
• Have at least 2 years of experience in the specialised area for specialised Staff Nurse positions.
• Have proven clinical and professional ability
• Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Have good IT skills, with ability to use Microsoft packages e.g. Word, Excel, and Powerpoint etc.
• Competency in the English language is a requirement for the post.
It is desirable that the candidate has:
• Have a qualification pertaining to the nursing speciality.
• Demonstrate ability to manage clinical and non-clinical situations.
• Have ability to work with a team in delivery nursing care.
• Have a high capacity for responsibility and individual initiative.
• Have an interest in quality initiation for the Nursing Service.
• Can demonstrate knowledge of risk management from investigation to reporting.
SPECIFIC CLINICAL RESPONSIBILITIES ON WARD/DAY CARE ONCOLOGY
• Care of patient pre and post PICC and Port or Hickman Insertion
• Blood Cultures and blood sampling via CVC
• Use of PVC and CVC care bundles
• Practices ANTT in all aspects of IV drug preparation and administration
• Oncology Policies for Safe handling, Spillage and Extravasation of chemotherapy
• Use of the Baxter IV pumps
• Reacts appropriately to abnormal Lab / x-ray result
• Care of Patient Post Bone Marrow Biopsy/Lumbar Puncture
• Care of the patient on a S/C Pumps
• Conversion of SC versus PO drug doses.
• Management of the patient requiring breakthrough medications
• Use of Oncology Core Care Plans
• Care of the patient requiring isolation
• Care of a patient with neutropenia
• Management of NFR status
• Completion of 24hr urine collections
• Provision of Oral care and bowel care
• Accurate completion and follow-up of phone call documentation
• Use of the track and trigger chart and algorithm
• Care of the patient who ‘triggers’
• Accurate assessment, management and re-assessment of the at risk patient
• Accurate assessment, management and re-assessment of a patient in pain
• Accurate recording and interpretation of fluid balance
Management of Drug Administration:
• Appropriate recording of administration of MDA’s.
• Correct calculation of drug dosage.
• Correct administration of IV drugs using Aseptic Non Touch Technique.
• Wound Management:
• Aseptic technique.
• Management of peripheral intravenous cannula.
• Documentation completion for admission process and keeping up to date nursing care plan
• Ensures the patient is discharged safely with all written information required.
• Patient education.
• Intravenous Cannulation
Apply with CV
Ref: RGN Oncology
This job was posted to A&E nurse, Intensive care nurse, Ward nurse in Dublin
Recommended Similar Jobs
€ 28768.0 - 45800.0 Per yearFull timePermanent...Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
The overall purpose of the role of Staff Nurse in the Cardiology and Acute Medical Ward is to provide professional nursing skills i...
€ 35000.0 - 50000.0 Per yearFull timePermanentDublin, Dublin, Ireland
Theatre NurseTheatre NursesGeneral Theatre Dublin HospitalOur client an established Hospital in Dublin wishes to recruit General Th...