Staff Nurse Surgical Ward - top Private hospital
- € 28768.0 - 45800.0 Per year
- Full time
- Contract, Bank, Permanent
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager), Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Newly qualified
- 20 Aug 2020
- 31 Dec 2020
Our clients Private Hospital is the single, biggest acute private hospital in Dublin. They offer the highest number of consultants and the widest range of specialist care in Ireland’s only integrated multi-hospital campus. Situated on the same grounds as it's neighbouring University Hospital, they share resources, expertise and medical facilities with one of the country’s leading academic teaching hospital. This means that they have the capacity to deal with a high volume of patients with a variety of different and often complex medical and surgical requirements.
They are a registered not for profit charity who continues to set new standards and benchmarks for private medical care in Ireland.
Their patients can access a comprehensive range of specialist services including Breast Surgery, Cardiology, Dermatology, Endocrinology, ENT Surgery, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Microbiology, Radiology, Radiotherapy, Hepatobiliary Surgery, Renal Metabolic Medicine, Medicine for the Elderly, Neurology, Oncology, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedic Surgery, Pain Management, Urology, Gynaecology, Haematology, Histopathology, Palliative Medicine, Plastic Surgery, Respiratory Medicine, Rheumatology, Thoracic Surgery and Vascular Surgery.
The hospital has 236 inpatient beds, 31 general and 23 oncology day care beds, 12 consulting suites, operating theatres for major and minor surgery, endoscopy, radiotherapy, cardiology and diagnostic imaging facilities which includes General Radiography, CT Scanning, Interventional Radiology, Mammography, Ultrasound and Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI).
At the Hospital, they will strive to maintain excellence in clinical and multi-disciplinary care, treating each patient individually with dignity and respect recognising, at all times, the right of everyone to access the care and treatment they need to achieve the best possible healthcare outcomes – regardless of race, ethnicity, religion or gender.
They remain true to values of human dignity, compassion, justice, quality and advocacy.
Each candidate must:
• Be registered on the general division of the register of nurses maintained by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland.
• Have at least 2 years post registration experience in an acute hospital setting (with the exception of New Graduates).
• Have at least 2 years of experience in the specialised area for specialised Staff Nurse positions.
• Have proven clinical and professional ability
• Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Have good IT skills, with ability to use Microsoft packages e.g. Word, Excel, and Powerpoint etc.
• Competency in the English language is a requirement for the post.
It is desirable that the candidate has:
• Have a qualification pertaining to the nursing speciality.
• Demonstrate ability to manage clinical and non-clinical situations.
• Have ability to work with a team in delivery nursing care.
• Have a high capacity for responsibility and individual initiative.
• Have an interest in quality initiation for the Nursing Service.
• Can demonstrate knowledge of risk management from investigation to reporting.
1. Professional/Ethical Practice:
1.1 Practices in accordance with legislation affecting nursing practice
• Integrates accurate and comprehensive knowledge of ethical principles, the Code of Professional Conduct and within the scope of professional nursing practice in the delivery of nursing practice.
• Fulfils the duty of care in the course of nursing practice.
• Implements the philosophies, policies, protocols and clinical guidelines of the health care institution.
• Responds appropriately to instances of unsafe or unprofessional practice.
• Integrates knowledge of the rights of clients and groups in the health care setting.
• Serves as an advocate for the rights of clients or groups.
• Ensures confidentiality in respect to records and interactions.
• Practices in a way that acknowledges the differences in beliefs and cultural practices of individuals/groups/communities.
SPECIFIC CLINICAL RESPONSIBILITIES ON SURGICAL UNIT
• Care of the patient pre and post procedures
• Wound Dressings
• Use of and care of wound drain devices
• Care of the patient requiring self intermittent catherisation.
• Urinary catheter care pre and post prostatectomy
• Care of patient post bowel resection
• Management of TPN and NG feeding
• Transportation of the critically ill patient
• Use of the track and trigger chart and algorithm
• Care of the patient who ‘triggers’.
• Accurate recording and interpretation of fluid balance
Management of Drug Administration:
• Appropriate recording of administration of MDA’s.
• Correct calculation of drug dosage.
• Correct administration of IV drugs using Aseptic Non Touch Technique.
Apply with CV or email for full and detailed job specification
Ref: RGN Surgical
This job was posted to A&E nurse, Theatre nurse, Ward nurse in Dublin South
Recommended Similar Jobs
€ 45000.0 - 65000.0 Per yearFull timePermanent...Dublin South, Dublin, Ireland
Our clients state-of-the-art private hospital is recruiting a Shift Leader for their Emergency department. The role would be that o...
€ 30000.0 - 50000.0 Per yearFull timePermanentDublin South, Dublin, Ireland
General Nurse Public Hospital HSE South Dublin Permanent Position Our client a Public hospital based in South Dublin is currently r...