Staff Nurses - Orthopaedics, Waterford
- € 30000.0 - 45000.0 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 2 Sep 2020
- 19 Jan 2021
Orthopaedic Staff Nurses for an acute hospital setting, Waterford
- To work as a member of a team of nurses at the Hospital providing high quality, patient centred care for patients and their families.
- To develop and maintain good relationships with all members of the multi-disciplinary team.
- To work closely with nursing colleagues, developing innovative practice within the unit delivering evidence-based care.
- To develop specialist knowledge of nursing practice relating to his/her clinical area.
- Ensure the delivery of the highest possible standard of care to all patients.
- Act as preceptor to preregistration students, mentor new clinical staff and new nonclinical staff. Support and guide all colleagues when needed.
- Liaise with link lecturers from affiliated nurse education departments with particular regard to developing and maintaining the Hospital as a recognised learning environment for student nurses.
- Develop and maintain effective communication and interpersonal relationships with all members of the multi-disciplinary team to ensure a good team spirit and collaborative working practices.
- Support the unit manager by meeting agreed responsibilities as set out by the Unit Manager or the Director of Nursing at any time.
- Identify and discuss nursing/patient needs with consultants/nursing team, multidisciplinary team, patients and carers.
- Accept responsibility and be accountable for the holistic care of a named group of patients on a shift basis.
- Ensure that the highest possible standards of patient care and patient safety are maintained at all times.
- Demonstrate and promote a patient centred style of clinical practice, acting as patient advocate at all times and provide emotional and psychological support to patients admitted to the unit for treatment.
- Have an understanding of the principles and workings of pre assessment.
- Maintain high standards of communication, both written and verbal at all times. Have a working knowledge of all NMBI publications to include the Scope of Practice Framework and Code of Professional Misconduct.
- Maintain own professional registration and submit to HR department for verification yearly.
- Registered General Nurse with Nursing & Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI)
- A minimum of 12 months acute hospital experience within the last 2 years
Kate Cowhig International Healthcare Recruitment - 21 jobs https://www.healthcarejobs.ie/jobs/health-care-ireland/kate-cowhig-international-healthcare-recruitment/ https://www.healthcarejobs.ie/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/1d76fb32-61e5-48c3-bd84-e52bde4fe5d2131236080435040240.png
This job was posted to Ward nurse in Waterford
Recommended Similar Jobs
€ 55000.0 - 70000.0 Per yearFull timePermanent...Waterford, Waterford, Ireland
Our client is currently seeking an Assistant Director of Nursing for their state of the art nursing home in Waterford The role of t...