Director of Nursing
- € 55000 - 60000 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Manager
- 25 Jun 2020
- 16 Jul 2020
Position: Director of Nursing / Person in Charge
Location: Cork City
Sector: Elderly Care
Capacity: 25 beds
TTM Healthcare have exclusively parterend with a Community Care Home located in Cork City. We are assisting our client with the recruitment of a Director of Nursing/Person in Charge for their 25 bedded Elderly Care Service. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Assistant Director of Nursing or a Director of Nursing that has a keen interest in the expansion and growth of a service.
The Employer Overview:
Established in 1988, this residential facility provides care to the elderly, where each person feels welcomed and valued. The quality of care and accomodation is a of a high standard while ensuring a homely environment which is comfortable and allows privacy.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Director of Nursing will receive direct reports from the Assistant Director of Nursing and will oversee the management of the service. The successful applicant will be required to provide and manage professional care and nursing service while actively contributing to the development of the facility, its residents and staff.
- Hold a valid NMBI registration
- Obtain a qualification in people manangemnt
- Hold 3 years' recent management experience
- Post-graduate qualfication in Gerontoloy is desirable
- Have excellent knowledge on HIQA regualtions
- Have strong people management skills and effective communication skills
- Be a team player and willing to support others
You are required to:
- Undertake the role and responsibilities of the Person in Charge in line with the Health Act 2007, related regulations and HIQA National Quality Standards
- Establish and maintain relationships with residents that are based on respect and equality
- Use leadership styles that have a positive impact on staff morale and the Nursing Home environment
- Promote, encourage and practice the ethos of person-centred care
- €60,000 Salary
- 20 day's Annual Leave
- Free parking
To apply for this above position, click APPLY NOW!
To inquire, call Sarah Byrne ApplyTM Healthcare
TTM Healthcare is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
This job was posted to Nursing home nurse, Palliative care, Community mental health nurse in Cork city
Recommended Similar Jobs
€ 40000 - 48000 Per yearFull timePermanentCork, Cork, Ireland
Clinical Nurse Manager Nursing Home CNM in Cork City Position: Clinical Nurse ManagerLocation: CorkOur client is looking for a Clin...
€ 65,000 - 80,000 Per yearFull timePermanent...Cork, Cork, Ireland
Our client is currently accepting applications for a Director of Nursing for their state-of-the-art Nursing home in Cork Duties and...