Director of Nursing - Kerry
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 22 Jun 2020
- 19 Dec 2020
Immediate vacancy for a Director of Nursing for established 51 bed HIQA compliant nursing home, centrally located in County Kerry.
As Director of Nursing, the successful applicant will:
- be responsible for the delivery of person centred resident care that exceeds the required HIQA standards and legislative requirements
- lead and manage the care team
- monitor clinical practice through audits and action results of same
- organise and coordinate admission, nursing and resident care procedures
- Must be a registered nurse on the live register of nurses maintained by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland, NMBI.
- Adaptation is not an option.
- Must have 6 years relevant post registration nursing experience.
- Within the past 6 years must have worked a minimum of 3 years in elderly care.
- Must possess (within the last 6 years) a minimum of 3 years management/supervisory experience.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with residents, their families, staff and all external bodies
- Will ideally have a post-registration qualification in Gerontology or Dementia Care
- Must have a post-registration qualification in healthcare management or equivalent
- Must be eligible to work in Ireland
For further information please contact Catherine
T: + Apply