Assistant Director of Nursing - (ID) West Dublin
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 22 Jun 2020
- 19 Dec 2020
Cpl Healthcare are seeking applications from experienced nurse managers for the role of Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON). The role is with a service for adults with intellectual disability and elderly residents with complex medical needs and includes a neuro disability residential service.
Support services are provided by a multidisciplinary team who understand how the social care model can be developed on and implemented to support active and healthy ageing for adults with both intellectual and neurological disabilities. The social care model is complimented by medical supports to ensure a holistic and person centered approached is adopted at all times.
As ADON you will be responsibe for supporting the Director of Nursing in overall management responsibilities, supporting and mentoring staff, taking an active role in the professional leadership, development and management of nursing and care assistant teams, facilitating clinical practice development and leading on strategic projects that develop and improve nursing services and contribute to the overall development of service.
- Detailed Job description available upon aplication.
The role offers excellent benefits and a stimulating work environment. Notably, as part of a large developing service, the opportunities for career progression are great. Due to its central location, this home is easily accessible for those living in and around Dublin, Co Westmeath, Kildare and beyond.
- Must be active on the Intellectual Disability Division and/or the General register as maintained by the NMBI
- 7 years post registration intellectual disability and/or general nursing experience and 5 years nursing management experience.
- Experience of working with a social care model is highly desireable.
- Have successfully completed a post registration programme of study certified by the education provider, which verifies that the applicant has achieved a National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) major academic Level 8 or higher award maintained by Quality & Qualifications of Ireland (QQI) or can provide written evidence from the Higher Education Institute that they have achieved the number of ECTS credits equivalent to a Level 8 or higher standard in a health care or management related area
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- IT skills
- Eligibility to work in Ireland