Assistant Director of Nursing
- € 60,000 - 75,000 Per year
- Full time
- Permanent, Bank, Contract
- Job level
- Manager, Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Qualified (non-manager)
- 7 Apr 2020
- 3 Aug 2020
Our client Nursing home is one of South Dublin’s most reputable nursing homes, located in Rathfarnham within close proximity to the M50 motorway, built to very high standards and operated to deliver excellent care of the elderly.
The care team has extensive clinical experience, specialising in dementia care and aiming to be a holistic person-centred care provider to all its Residents.
Part of a larger Group which consists of 10 nursing homes the development plan is to grow to 14 homes/1,500 beds by 2022 with the brand becoming the most trusted and recognised brand in the Irish Nursing Home sector.
Currently recruiting for the central role of Assistant Director of Nursing. This is an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to be an integral part of the strategic vision and to progress their career in an innovative, professional and caring environment.
· Have 3 years’ experience of nursing older persons in the last 6 years
· Have a minimum of 7 years post registration experience
· Have in-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements and regulatory inspection activity as they pertain to residential care centres
· Hold a third level qualification in management
· Have the ability to manage one’s own workload effectively while responding flexibly to new demands at short notice
· Demonstrate an ability to embrace change and be committed to continuous improvement and learning throughout the residential care home
· Have the skill to influence others, build constructive relationships and achieve outcomes
· Promote an ethos and culture of quality assurance within the clinical area, identifying and establishing benchmarks and KPIs in consultation with the Director of Nursing
· Be a Registered General Nurse
· Be available to work flexible hours when required
· Experience in Practice Development would be a significant advantage
· In the absence of the Director of Nursing, the Assistant Director of Nursing will undertake the role and responsibilities of the Person-in-Charge in line with the Health Act 2007, related regulations and HIQA standards.
· Ensure that overall standards of hygiene and food safety are maintained at the highest level possible
· Liaise with other senior managers in the delivery of housekeeping standards; food safety, quality and choice; maintenance standards; and administration efficiency
· Participate in clinical management within the home in consultation with the DON including providing care to residents, communicating with residents/families/representatives, managing staff, monitoring performance and standards, developing policies and procedures, and delivering training
· Coordinate the quality and safety system including all aspects of clinical risk management and resident involvement
· Participate in coaching and appraisal of staff on a regular basis
· In consultation with HR, participate in grievance and disciplinary activities
· Coordinate, roster and manage staff in conjunction with the senior management team in the Home
· Lead by example a professional, punctual and dedicated team
· Participate in the development of policies and standards for The Home
· Be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
· Be proficient in the use of EpiCare
· Participate in the development of resident specific IT software
· Be aware of the requirements of Data Protection and implement same rigidly, and within the context of Data Protection and Data Retention Policies
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Nursing: 7 years (Required)
Nurse Management: 3 years (Preferred)
Apply with CV to Maria in Trinity Recruitment for further details.
Ref: ADON Rathcare
This job was posted to Nursing home nurse in Rathfarnham
Recommended Similar Jobs
€ 21.00 - 24.00 Per hourFull timePermanent...Rathfarnham, Dublin, Ireland
Our client is seeking a dynamic Staff Nurse for their nursing home in the Rathfarnham / Churchtown area. Our client prides themselv...
€ 45000 - 50000 Per yearFull timePermanentDublin, Dublin, Ireland
Clinical Nurse Manager excellent South Dublin Nursing HomeClinical Nurse Manager - Care of the Elderly, South Dublin, Ireland.A wel...