Clinical Nurse Manager
- € 57,000 - 70,000 Per year
- Full time
- Permanent, Contract
- Job level
- Manager, Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Qualified (non-manager)
- 7 Apr 2020
- 14 Jul 2020
Our clients Geriatric Voluntary Hospital is now accepting applications for the role of Clinical Nurse Manager 3
The Hospital is a registered centre for the provision of services to
Older people, it provides Respite, Rehabilitation, Day services and Long Term Care, situated in South Co. Dublin. It was established in 1917 and continues to provide services interdisciplinary services on a seven day, twenty four hour basis.
The post holder is:
• Is professionally accountable to the Director of Nursing
• And will have line management reporting arrangements to the Assistant Director of Nursing.
To provide professional / clinical leadership in the designated area(s) of
responsibility. To oversee the management of resources including staffing and staff development and training. To facilitate communication across the healthcare team.
The post of CNM 3 has a pivotal role in service planning and development, co-ordinating and managing activity and resources within the clinical area. The CNM 3’s responsibilities include: overseeing the quality of nursing care, ensuring compliance with regulatory standards and adherence to legislative requirements, the development and implementation of policy and procedures, the monitoring of activity and the delivery of agreed levels of service . The CNM3 plays a key role
in providing clinical and professional leadership and support and promoting the values of the Hospital. The CNM3 will support and provide oversight to CNM2s and CNM1s in their role which is fundamental in the delivery of safe care in the Hospital.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The CNM3 will:
• Provide a high level of professional and clinical leadership, including
coaching of clinical nurse manager colleagues.
• Provide safe, comprehensive nursing care to residents/ patients/service users within the guidelines laid out by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland
• Work closely with the discharge coordinators, social workers and IDTs to facilitate smooth admissions and discharges in conjunction with the Hospital ADON and respite/rehab coordinator.
• The CNM3 will practice nursing according to
Professional Clinical Guidelines.
Local policies, protocols, guidelines and current relevant legislation and
regulatory standards relating to Older Persons Services.
• Manage, monitor and evaluate professional and clinical standards
ensuring an evidence based, care planning approach
• Manage own caseload in accordance with the needs of the post
• Participate in teams as appropriate, communicating and working in cooperation with other team members
• Formulate, manage and implement best practice policies and procedures in conjunction with the relevant manager.
• Ensure that residents/patients/service users and others are treated with dignity and respect
• Ensure the maintenance of nursing records in accordance with the Healthcare organisation and professional standards
• Adhere to and contribute to the development and maintenance of nursing standards, protocols and guidelines consistent with the highest
standards of care
• Manage the implementation of best practice policy and procedures
• In consultation with other disciplines and colleagues, implement and
assess quality management programmes as appropriate
• Participate in clinical audit with the QPS, as required and ensure that
clinical audits are performed in the assigned areas
• Initiate and participate in research studies as appropriate
• Operate within the NMBI Scope of Practice - seek advice and assistance from his/her manager with any cases or issues that prove to be beyond the scope of his/her professional competence in line with principles of best practice and clinical governance
• Support staff to work in compliance with the Scope of Practice
• Assist CNMs in understanding KPI data and develop improvement
strategies at Unit level
• Support CNMs in managing employee grievances effectively and fairly in accordance with policy
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate. For full and complete job specification apply with CV or call Maria in Trinity Recruitment