Senior Nurse, Emergency - Guernsey
St Peter Port, Guernsey, Crown Dependencies
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 13 Jan 2020
- 10 Jul 2020
Senior Staff Nurse (Band 6), Emergency Department
Grade: Band 6 £31,531- £38,055 BAR £39,299 - £42,715 per annum
- Emergency nursing requires senior staff nurses to be enthusiastic, motivated and able to work under pressure without supervision.
- Ideally you will have at least 3 years’ experience working in an emergency environment including Adult and Paediatric Resuscitation experience.
- We participate in the emergency rota to provide hospital-wide emergency teams for adults and paediatrics – and you will be the lead nurse.
- As team leader the post holder will regularly take charge of Accident and Emergency and requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a positive attitude and the ability to work under pressure in an adapting environment.
- The post holder is expected to demonstrate portfolio evidence of training and development specific to emergency nursing, to include ALS/EPLS and ideally ATNC.
- Proficiency in cannulation, venepuncture and plastering is expected. You will be responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating programmes of patient care without supervision.
- Supervision of junior staff is a key component, and you will be involved in induction of new staff and be a sound role model.
- Competitive Pay
- Great Career Progression Opportunities
- Generous Annual Leave
- Annual Bonus
- Accommodation Assistance
- Paid Interview Expenses
Guernsey is situated in the English Channel, between England and France. Its climate is amongst the mildest and sunniest in the whole of the British Isles, being warmed by the adjacent Gulf Stream. Guernsey offers a perfect work life balance, with more annual leave than in Ireland and/or England, and less time spent commuting to work. In your free time there are lots of activities to keep you busy such as; sports, cliff walks, relaxing at one of their stunning beaches, dining in some of their great restaurants, shopping on the quaint high street, surfing, kayaking, and/or sailing on their fabulous waters.
Apply in confidence
Cpl Contact - Catriona Kelly