Disability Assessment Nurse - Milton Keynes
London, Greater London, England
- £ 38700 - 38700 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 28 Nov 2019
- 25 May 2020
To conduct medical assessments and examinations and produce concise reports for the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) as part of a successful integrated team
This position is based in the town of Milton Keynes
Essential Job Duties
- To undertake a combination of file-work and face-to-face assessments of customers in relation to a variety of benefits and provide a report to the DWP. Such assessments focus on how a disability affects a customer’s day to day life in performing work related activities. File-work involves reviewing medical evidence in a written or electronic format to determine the suitability of a face-to-face assessment. Face-to- face assessments may be recorded.
- To use IT software programmes to support clinical decision-making when undertaking file-work and face-to-face assessments.
- To provide comprehensive reports to enable decision makers at DWP to make informed decisions regarding benefit claims.
- Ensure that professional practice standards and “best practice” are maintained in all areas of work
- To deliver productivity and quality standards agreed between the Centre and the DWP and to respond positively to feedback
- To undertake recorded assessments where required
- To work unsupervised and use own initiative however know limitations and ask for support where necessary
- To analyse and interpret clinical information and medical evidence and provide a report in a professional and concise manner
- Work well as part of a multidisciplinary team and build positive working relationships with both medical colleagues and administrative support staff
- Apply professional skills and manage own professional competence and accountability, in accordance with the HCPC and NMC Codes of Conduct.
In addition to the responsibilities listed above, the job holder may be required to perform other duties as assigned from time to time.
Education and Experience Requirements
- NMC Registered Nurse with substantial recent broad based post registration experience is required. Previous experience as functional or disability assessment and clinical decision making is desirable.
- Able to demonstrate registration and continuous professional development having been maintained in accordance with the requirements of Post Registration Education and Practice (PREP) standards set by the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and CPD requirements set by Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Completed mentoring in clinical practice qualification e.g. ENB 998 or equivalent is desirable.
- IT literate with experience if using a range of software
- Highly developed oral and written communications skills and ability to successfully negotiate and respond to rapidly change work environment
- Experience of change management and ability to successfully influence and negotiate.
Our client is committed to developing, maintaining and supporting a culture of equality and diversity in employment in which our employees as well as candidates for employment are treated equitably. They understand that a diverse workforce adds to our competitive advantage; and as such, we aim to ensure that job applicants do not receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, part-time or fixed term contract status, sexual orientation or religion, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements that cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Advertisements for posts will include sufficiently clear and accurate information to enable potential applicants to assess their own suitability for the post.
Where reasonable, our client will review and consider adjustments for those applicants who express a requirement for them during the recruitment process.
This job was posted to Nurse assessor in London, Greater London, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 38760 - 38760 Per yearFull timePermanentAylesbury, Buckinghamshire, England
Registered General Nurse, Functional Assessor - Health and Disability Assessments Location: Aylesbury Starting Salary: £38,760 + co...
£ 38760 - 38760 Per yearFull timePermanentLiverpool, Merseyside, England
Registered General Nurse, Functional Assessor - Health and Disability Assessments Location: Mann Island, Liverpool Starting Salary:...