General Nurse/Public Health Nurse Galway City
- Part time
- Job level
- Newly qualified
- 19 Nov 2019
- 16 May 2020
Servisource Healthcare are currently recruiting a General Nurse/Public Health Nurse in Galway City.
The role will be based in Galway City with a willingness to travel to outlying areas in County Galway such as Loughrea and Tuam. Hours of work will be on a part-time basis, approximately 3 days per week.
The ideal candidate will be required to provide a service for persons who are homeless or at risk of homelessness in the community. They will be caring, empathetic and compassionate, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work on a team and also on your own initiative.
Benefits for General Nurse/Public Health Nurse Galway City
- It is a great opening for flexibility to suit your work life balance.
- When your renewal for your INMO membership is due, if you have worked 200+ hours for us in the past year, we will pay the €100 towards the renewal of your INMO registration fee
- Subsidised mandatory certification needing renewal every two years (People Moving & Handling, CPR/OFA, Infection Prevention Control, Elder Abuse, MAPA/NCVI)
- A free Servisource nurse’s uniform is included in your new starter pack and a new uniform for every year that you work with Servisource is provided free of charge also!
- We have a referral scheme in operation – if you refer a Nurse to us and they are activated - a fee of €150 will be awarded to the referrer (when the nurse has worked 120+ hours with Servisource).
Responsibilities of General Nurse/Public Health Nurse Galway City
- Deliver and coordinate a broad based integrated prevention, education, health promotion and treatment nursing service and play a lead role on nursing issues within the Primary Care Team and Social Care Network.
- Providing, assessing and developing appropriate care plans
- Personal care (hygiene, feeding, tolieting etc.) where required
- Protecting and advocating for the individuals
- Administration of medication
Requirements of General Nurse/Public Health Nurse Galway City
- Proof of current, in-date, ABA Pin, and proof of registration with NMBI
- Hepatitis B & full immunisations up to date
- In date training certificates (People Moving & Handling is mandatory)
- Willingness to undertake a Garda Vetting
- Good understanding of the HIQA standards
- Fluent English and excellent communication skills
- Full drivers licence and access to own transport is essential
All applications for the above advertised General Nurse/Public Health Nurse Galway City will be treated with the strictest of confidence.
Recommended Similar Jobs
€ 30000 - 45000 Per yearFull timePermanentGalway, Galway, Ireland
Nurse ICU & Theatre Jobs with prestigious hospital in GalwayA prestigious and highly respected hospital in Galway is currently recr...
€ 30000 - 40000 Per yearFull timePermanentGalway, Galway, Ireland
Staff Nurse job opportunity in beautiful nursing home in GalwayStaff Nurse urgently required with healthcare or nursing home experi...