Staff Nurse - Emergency Department
London, Greater London, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Admin - Sales - Clerical
- 9 Nov 2019
- 8 Dec 2019
We are committed to developing our nursing staff and we have strong links with King’s College London, London South Bank University and City University. We also have an ED dedicated Practice Development Team including Clinical Practice Facilitators (CPF) across the adult and children’s areas and we are able to offer the advanced assessment, HDU, ENP, BSc and Masters level postgraduate education. In addition we have a number of resuscitation courses on offer including; ALS, APLS, ATNC and variety of simulation based training courses such as Trauma Team Members and Trauma Team Leaders as well as our own in-house training. We also offer access to the Emergency Nurse Practitioner (ENP) training programme. We already have an established Trauma Nurse Coordinator (TNC) team based in the ED who manage and plan care for trauma patients through their entire hospital stay.
As an Academic Health Science Centre (AHSC), we are seeking to establish the ED as an academic and research department with the support of our critical care colleagues. We now have a dedicated ED research nursing team and will be seeking to expand the team led by the ED Consultant Nurse’s and ED Consultant research lead.
King’s ED is part of the wider South East London Programme for Emergency Nursing Development, in which we work alongside other EDs within the area to promote joint working and training. You will therefore have the opportunity to train alongside your peers working in other SE London EDs. This programme is aligned with the RCN (2017) Emergency Care Association National Curriculum and Competency Frameworks at Levels 1 and 2.
We are currently recruiting dedicated and enthusiastic nurses for the band 5 staff nurse role. We are looking for motivated, innovative nurses with clinical knowledge & skills, excellent communication skills who are able to demonstrate suitability and experience for the position. You will need to be flexible, enthusiastic and passionate about emergency care. To be considered for this role, you will be a registered nurse with acute post registration experience; see person specification for details.
- Check your email account regularly as this is how we will communicate with you
- If you delete the job from any of your accounts, you may be prevented from accessing further communications
- To enquire about your application or inform us of any changes in your circumstances, please contact the named person on this advert
- Please provide email addresses for referees where possible
- Click here to see the range of benefits we offer
- Please review the documentation on our recruitment microsite, particularly the Trust’s criminal records checking policy
- All staff have a responsibility for safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and for ensuring they are aware of the specific duties relating to their role.
- Due to a high volume of applications, this advert might close before the displayed closing date. It is therefore recommended that you apply promptly
Equality and Diversity Information
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Annual Reports and Other Corporate Publications
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust - Our Values (Links to a Video on 'You Tube')
King's Health Partners Academic Health Science Centre Website
King's College Hospital is part of King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC), a pioneering collaboration between King's College London, and Guy's and St Thomas', King's College Hospital and South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trusts.
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust - 77 jobs https://www.healthcarejobs.ie/jobs/health-care-ireland/king-s-college-hospital-nhs-foundation-trust/ https://www.healthcarejobs.ie/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/55bf527a-856a-4276-b3de-dd8a0763f5ed131787258243659894.png
This job was posted to Ward nurse in London, Greater London, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
Full timeBankLondon, Greater London, England
Evelina London is at the heart of a network of children's health services in Lambeth and Southwark and across south east England.We...