Director of Nursing - Swords Dublin
- € 80000 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 8 Nov 2019
- 5 May 2020
Director of Nursing
Cpl Healthcare in partnership with our client Trinity Care are currently looking to recruit an experienced Director of Nursing for AnovoCare Nursing Home close to Swords, North Dublin.
This is an exciting post for a dynamic Director of Nursing to lead a strong team in the delivery of such care. The Director will be supported by a Clinical Operations Manager, HR Director, Facilities Manager and Catering Manager.
Anovocare Nursing Home is an award-winning stunning purpose built 89 bedded nursing home offering an array of services to all residents including,
- Full term Care
- Respite / Convalescence care
- Full physiotherapy / dietician / speech & language therapy available
Interested candidates must have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Strong back ground working in gerontology
- Currently working as a Manager in the area of aged care with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the last 6 years as a Manager
- Relevant Management and Aged care course is desirable but not essential
- Previous recent experience working as a Director of Nursing in an Aged Care environment
- Strong understanding of HIQA standards
The role of the Director of Nursing includes but are not limited to the duties below
- Ensuring excellent standard of care is provided to all residents.
- Compliance in line with HIQA standards
- Ongoing assessment and reviews of all clients.
- All aspects of clients care needs are met, providing health supervision and to enlist the services of GPs, Public Health Nurses and other medical and para-medical services as appropriate.
- Provide all residents with privacy, dignity, autonomy, choice, rights and fulfilment.
- The development social and leisure activities to enhance the quality of client’s lives.
- Maintaining high standards by seconding staff to suitable recognised training courses.
- Staff rotas and recruitment of staff as necessary, with the approval of the CEO
- To operate the terms of staff contracts with reference to disciplinary procedures, in the case of minor offences with written and verbal warnings and to keep full written records.
- To participate in staff meetings and in staff training and development activities.
- To maintain an awareness of the routines within the Home and review them as appropriate.
- The maintaining of all nursing / care / drug records as required by The Nursing and Midwifery Board
- To be responsible for the recruitment and screening of qualified and unqualified care and ancillary staff.
- Support and interpret the company’s policies and procedures.
- Liaise with the Head Office Team to determine adequate stock control.
- Liaise with the Administrator and CEO to determine adequate budgets and targets and operate within those targets.
keywords: gerontology, director of nursing jobs, nursing jobs ireland, nursing jogs aged care, director of nursing positions ireland, director of nursing jobs dublin
This job was posted to Nursing home nurse, Nursing home mental health nurse in Swords
Recommended Similar Jobs
€ 18.00 - 20.00 Per hourFull timePermanentDublin, Dublin, Ireland
Nurse Intellectual Disabilities ID Staff Nurse OpportunityFull time & Part Time opportunities.An experienced provider of Residentia...