Senior Staff Nurse (Emergency Department)
London, Greater London, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Admin - Sales - Clerical
- 8 Nov 2019
- 7 Dec 2019
We are committed to developing our nursing staff and we have strong links with King’s College London, London South Bank University and City University. We also have an ED dedicated Practice Development Team across the adult and children’s areas and we are able to offer the advanced assessment, HDU, ENP, BSc and Masters level postgraduate education. In addition we have a number of resuscitation courses on offer including; ALS, APLS, ATNC and variety of simulation based training courses such as Trauma Team Members and Trauma Team Leaders as well as our own in-house training.
We also offer access to Emergency Nurse Practitioner (ENP) and Advanced Clinical Practitioner (ACP) programmes. We already have an established Trauma Nurse Coordinator (TNC) team who are based in the ED who manage and plan care for trauma patients through their entire hospital stay. There is also the opportunity for staff to access our on-site Resuscitation Officers as well as the Trauma Nurse Coordinators, who offer on-going support in terms of professional growth and development. As an Academic Health Science Centre (AHSC) we are seeking to establish the ED as an academic and research department with the support of our critical care colleagues.
Why not become part of the team delivering excellent care?
We are currently recruiting dedicated and enthusiastic nurses for the band 6 senior staff nurse role. We are looking for motivated, innovative nurses with strong clinical knowledge & skills, excellent communication skills who are able to demonstrate suitability and experience for the position. You will need to be flexible, enthusiastic and passionate about emergency care and you need to be committed to improving service delivery.
To be considered for this role, you will be a registered nurse with demonstrable clinical expertise, relevant to the ED. You will also be in possession of an Emergency Nursing Course and Mentorship Course (or working towards these courses). The ATLS (observer) or ALS Provider Course would be desirable, recent acute experience in an acute setting isessential.
- Check your email account regularly as this is how we will communicate with you
- If you delete the job from any of your accounts, you may be prevented from accessing further communications
- To enquire about your application or inform us of any changes in your circumstances, please contact the named person on this advert
- Please provide email addresses for referees where possible
- Click here to see the range of benefits we offer
- Please review the documentation on our recruitment microsite, particularly the Trust’s criminal records checking policy
- All staff have a responsibility for safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and for ensuring they are aware of the specific duties relating to their role.
- Due to a high volume of applications, this advert might close before the displayed closing date. It is therefore recommended that you apply promptly
Equality and Diversity Information
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Annual Reports and Other Corporate Publications
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust - Our Values (Links to a Video on 'You Tube')
King's Health Partners Academic Health Science Centre Website
King's College Hospital is part of King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC), a pioneering collaboration between King's College London, and Guy's and St Thomas', King's College Hospital and South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trusts.
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust - 77 jobs https://www.healthcarejobs.ie/jobs/health-care-ireland/king-s-college-hospital-nhs-foundation-trust/ https://www.healthcarejobs.ie/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/55bf527a-856a-4276-b3de-dd8a0763f5ed131787258243659894.png
This job was posted to Ward nurse in London, Greater London, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
Full timePermanentLondon, Greater London, England
An opportunity has arisen to join our data and audit team within paediatric cardiology as a deputy CNS. This is an exciting opportu...