Home & Office Based Clinical Assessor, Peterborough
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, England
- £ 34000 - 38000 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Manager, Qualified (non-manager)
- 15 Aug 2019
- 12 Sep 2019
* Conducting thorough and consultative verbal assessments with people who are living with a long term health condition(s) and/or disabilities
* Once accredited, following training you will work in one of the local sites and the community
* You will ensure that your part in the assessment process is positive, dignified and professional
* You will produce excellent written (typed on a PC) reports on the extent of conditions presented, and their impact on daily life to help the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) to make an informed decision around an individual's entitlement to the benefit
We are recruiting Nurses and AHPs who are looking to diversify their career and medical knowledge in this exciting and challenging role. In this role you will meet with customers and review a wide range of different health conditions, you will create an impartial report detailing how their conditions affect their day to day lives.
We are recruiting for registered Nurses (RGN, RMN, RNLD), Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists (OTs) and Paramedics who can:
- Interview customers to understand their conditions and how they affect their daily function
- Review and understanding supporting evidence
- Produce and present comprehensive and impartial reports used by Government (DWP)
In this role you also benefit from the excellent work life balance, as well as professional development and a career with opportunities to grow and diversify your medical knowledge and skills outside of a traditional medical setting.
We are seeking those who possess:
- Broad based healthcare Practice for 2 years' post-qualification and registration in the UK
- Basic IT skills, as your reports need to be promptly typed on a PC/Laptop
- Driving license and own vehicle to conduct home visits in the community
We are advertising health and disability assessment jobs for the below specialities:
* NMC Registered Nurses (RGN, RMN or RNLD)
* HCPC Registered Physiotherapist
* HCPC Registered Occupational Therapist (OT)
* HCPC Registered Paramedic
Government legislation requires at least two years' post qualification work experience to be able to start in the role.
* Positive work/life balance and flexibility
* 25 days' annual leave, with the option to buy and sell up to 10 days
* Reimbursement of your annual NMC/HCPC registration fee
* A full market leading package of additional benefits
To apply or find out further information please contact Merco who are experts in clinical staffing with clients in NHS and independent sectors nationwide.