Assistant Director of Nursing
- £ 0.00 - 0.00 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- 15 Aug 2019
- 22 Aug 2019
Search Talent are recruiting for one of the largest independent Healthcare providers of quality nursing home care in Ireland is actively looking to recruit an Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) for one of their 57 Bedded modern purpose-built Care Homes based in Co. Kerry. This nursing home provides a high standard of care 24 hours a day. Their dedicated care team are continuously trained to care for residents varying and individual needs. We cater for both short and long term respite care. Convalescent care is also available for those recovering from surgery.
Supporting the Director of Nursing this care home has a dedicated team of staff nurses, senior healthcare assistants, healthcare assistants, activity coordinator, social care practitioner, allied healthcare professionals and ancillary staff, who's focus is to enhance the lives of the elderly residents in their care.
Position of Assistant Director of Nursing:
The appointee will undertake the role and responsibilities of the Assistant Director of Nursing. Accountable to the Director of Nursing, the successful applicant will be required to provide and manage a professional care and nursing service while actively contributing to the development of the Nursing Home, its residents and staff.
The successful applicant:
- Must be a registered nurse (on, or eligible to be on, the live register of nurses maintained by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland, NMBI.
- Must have 5 years relevant post registration nursing experience.
- Must have (within the last 6 years) a minimum 3 years' relevant experience, caring for the older person.
- Must possess management/supervisory experience, including team leadership with resource planning and allocation.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with residents, relatives/visitors, employees, management and external bodies e.g. GPs, hospitals, HSE, HIQA, etc.
- Post-registration qualification in Gerontology or Dementia Care and / or a Post-registration qualification in healthcare management or equivalent will be an advantage. In the absence of such a qualification, the appointee will be required to undertake such training.
An excellent remuneration package will be provided to the successful candidate including the provision of continuing professional development.
To apply, please send your CV to Kevin Bowler or call Apply.