Band 6 Occupational Therapist
Redhill, Surrey, England
- € 31976 - 41773 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 20 May 2019
- 17 Nov 2019
Brilliant opportunity for an experienced Occupational Therapist to join a well-established hospital just 30 minutes from London. Surrey and Sussex Healthcare require a Band 6 OT/ Senior OT on a rotational basis. This is a full time role offering excellent development and a pension package.
- Degree/diploma equivalent HCPC registration
- Evidence of CPD including recent postgraduate events relevant to clinical speciality
- 12-18 months post-qualification as a band 5 rotational occupational therapist, covering a broad range of experience and specialities.
- Experience of working as part of an occupational therapy team and/or MDT
- Basic working knowledge of anatomy, physiology and cognition with particular reference to speciality client group
- Basic knowledge of assessment and treatment tools for speciality
- Competency and ability to assess and treat core patient caseload in specialist field
- Able to carry out activity analysis of daily living activities
- Articulate and good communication skills
- Basic IT skills
- Ability to organise, prioritise and delegate
- Assess and treat own caseload of patients who may have complex presentations, and maintain own records as an autonomous practitioner.
- To assess and treat a varied caseload on general medical wards.
- To ensure effective communication, to be actively involved in discharge planning, to work closely with other members of the multi-disciplinary team.
- To be responsible for a defined area of working (e.g. a section of a speciality, or a particular type of patient) working without direct supervision.
- A high standard of clinical work is required which will also include teaching and supervision of junior staff, assistants and students.
Requirement to deputise for the Team Leader Occupational Therapist for the section.
- To participate in rostered seven day evening and weekend working.
This job was posted to Occupational therapist in Redhill, Surrey, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
Full timeBankLondon, Greater London, England
King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust part of King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC), is one of the U...