Specialist Occupational Therapist
London, Greater London, England
- £ 36481 - 44044 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 15 May 2019
- 14 Jun 2019
You will be joining a dynamic and forward-looking organisation in the heart of the capital where you can develop your career and broaden your horizons.
We think you will enjoy working for us but you don't have to take our word for it - 79% of staff who took part in the latest national NHS Staff Survey would recommend Guy's and St Thomas' as a place to work.
We are one of the leading NHS Trusts in the UK and offer a variety of posts within the AHP Workforce. We are ranked top of all trusts in England for staff engagement. We offer great training and development opportunities within a motivated, enthusiastic team to support your future career.
We are looking for Band 6 Occupational Therapists (OT) to join us in our expanding and award winning services, which provide healthcare at home and prevents admission into our hospitals.
You will be supported by our Senior Specialist OTs and have access to professional support within Guy's & St Thomas' Foundation Trust (GSTT). This is an excellent opportunity to develop clinically in a Band 6 role within a Trust that is clinician-led, and strives to provide the highest possible level of clinical expertise throughout its healthcare services.
The Enhanced Rapid Response / Supported Discharge Team (ERR / SDT) and Reablement provide healthcare at home to adults aged 18 years and older who live in the boroughs of Lambeth, South London. The people that we support have a range of diagnoses and clinical presentations, including falls, orthopaedic, respiratory, frailty and neurological conditions. We:
1. Prevent unnecessary hospital admissions
2. Facilitate the safe discharge of people from healthcare in hospital to healthcare at home
3. Provide intensive, short term multi- disciplinary rehabilitation and care support to promote functional independence.
Healthcare in the home has been rapidly increasing and enables people to be treated at home where they are more comfortable. This helps us to provide a more holistic, well-rounded and bespoke healthcare service to the people we support.
• Trust Award Winner for 'Putting Patient First' ERR/SDT 2018
• Lambeth CCG Award Winner for 'Putting Patients First' - ERR 2016
• Lambeth CCG Award Shortlist for 'Putting Patients First' - SDT 2016
• Trust Award for 'Community Team of the Year'- ERR 2015
• Trust Award for 'The Patient Award'- ERR 2015
• Trust Award for 'Fit For the Future'- SDT 2015
• Trust Award for 'Community Services - ERR 2012
Our professional offer to you:
As a Band 6 OT you will have an opportunity to:
• Develop your discipline specific skills, e.g. assess for suitable equipment, minor home adaptations, cognitive assessment
• Develop your skills in complex case management of clients beyond the scope of your traditional Occupational Therapy practice
• Develop your skills in holistic assessment, problem solving and joint working with other health and social care colleagues, GPs, hospital teams and voluntary sector agencies
• Develop supervisory, leadership and service development skills
• Access appropriate GSTT leadership development training courses to support career development
• Support you to be involved in Occupational Therapy clinical meetings
• Develop your skills in service development
• Provide you with a mentor
At GSTT, we are committed to providing you with:
• Professional expert advice, including access to our Professional Leads in our Community and Hospital settings
• An annual appraisal and personal development plan (PDR)
• Structured in-service development programs and regular supervision
• Support to undertake research, audit and service evaluation
• Training links to London Southbank and King's College Universities
• Support to develop your skills in preparation and presentation (for teaching)
Closing date: 27th May 2019 at Midnight
Interviews: Week Commencing 3rd June 2019
For further information please contact:
Rachel Lindley - Senior Specialist Occupational Therapist
Guy's and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust - 62 jobs https://www.healthcarejobs.ie/jobs/health-care-ireland/guy-s-and-st-thomas-nhs-foundation-trust/ https://www.healthcarejobs.ie/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/9f1134a8-dbdd-491d-b068-07955cfaa5e7131486702723582314.png
This job was posted to Occupational therapist in London, Greater London, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
Full timeBankLondon, Greater London, England
With a turnover of £1.4 billion and a workforce of around 16,000, Barts Health is the largest NHS trust in the country, and one of ...
£ 41,000 - 43,000 Per yearFull time...PermanentChelmsford, Essex, England
Health and disability assessment role – Disability Analyst in Chelmsford Location: Chelmsford Salary: £41,000 - £43,000 Experienced...
£ 41,000 - 43,000 Per yearFull time...PermanentWandsworth, London, Greater London, England
Health and disability assessment role – Disability Analyst in Wandsworth Location: Wandsworth Salary: £41,000 - £43,000 Experienced...