are seeking a Senior Clinical Psychologist
to work in Co. Wicklow
This is a permanent part time role working 20 hours per week. All applicants that qualified outside of Ireland must have their qualification validated through PSI. This process can take a number of months.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a comprehensive clinical psychology service to adults with moderate/severe/profound intellectual disabilities in residential, day and community settings. Candidates must be innovative in their approach and take responsibility for the provision of a high-quality person-centred service in line with organisational standards and be committed to the promotion of social inclusion and community participation. Responsibilities
- To provide a comprehensive clinical psychology service to adults with moderate, severe and profound intellectual disabilities in residential, day and community settings
- To provide consultation and support to client’s family and their network
- Formulate and implement plans for psychological therapeutic intervention
- Undertake intellectual, behaviour and ability assessments
- Communicate effectively and work in co-operation with SHS team members and others to ensure integrated, co-ordinated service provision
- Represent and advocate for psychological needs of residents
Candidates must hold:
- A recognised university degree (QQ1 level 8 equivalent) obtained with 1st or 2nd class honours in which Psychology was taken as a major subject and honours obtained in that subject
- A post-graduate professional psychological qualification in clinical psychology
- Registration or eligibility for registration with the Psychological Society of Ireland
- At least five years’ satisfactory post-graduate experience in clinical psychology inclusive of any time spent in pursuing a course leading to a postgraduate qualification
- Previous experience working with people with an intellectual disability and their families
Salary & Benefits:
- Training in multi-element Positive Behaviour Support
- Experience of working with people across different ranges of ability and in different settings
- Direct experience of responding to challenging behaviours with positive behaviour support interventions
For more information, please email your most recent CV to Apply or call Louise today on Applyext 117.
- Successful candidates will be paid as per the Psychologist, Senior Clinical grade of the HSE consolidated pay scales.
- 25 days’ annual leave
- Excellent contributory pension scheme
- Comprehensive training and further education support
- Career Development
- Flexible family working arrangements
TTM Healthcare is an Equal Opportunities Employer.