King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust part of King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC), is one of the UK’s largest and busiest teaching hospitals with a turnover of nearly £1 billion, 1.5 million patient contacts a year and more than 11,500 staff based across 5 main sites in South East London.
The Trust provides a full range of local hospital services across its different sites, and specialist services from King’s College Hospital (KCH) site in Camberwell and the Princess Royal University Hospital (PRUH) site in Bromley.
We are offering some thrilling new opportunities for experienced Medical Secretaries to join the King’s College Staff Bank.
We have opportunities for regular lines of work, both long and short term.
By joining the Admin and Clerical Staff Bank at King’s you will have the opportunities to work across the trust different sites, including Denmark Hill, Bromley and Orpington, as well a variety of departments, gaining invaluable skills and experience. We can offer long term or short-term placements to suit you and your work life balance.Job Summary:
The post holder will be responsible for the provision of an effective administrative and secretarial service to the Consultants and their team within the clinical unit working alongside other Secretaries / Administrators. The post holder will link with the multi-disciplinary team, internal departments and external agencies to ensure continuity in achieving brilliance in patient care.Required Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrated experience working as a Medical Secretary
- Former or current experience working within the NHS is a definite advantage
- Audio typing speed of 60 wpm or above
- A good understanding of Medical Terminology
- The ability to prioritise a heavy workload
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
Our Bank workers are invaluable to us and in return of your hard work and commitment we can offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay rates
- Flexible working pattern, with opportunities for regular lines of work
- Opportunities to work across sites, gaining invaluable knowledge and experience
- Priority placements over an Agency Workers
- A devoted onsite recruitment, compliance and bookings team
- Electronic timesheet submission and weekly pay
- Free access to our annual training updates and opportunities to take on extra courses that with further develop your skills
Please apply directly to this advertisement, ensuring you upload a full and up to date CV. Successful applicants will be contacted shortly. IMPORTANT
- Check your email account regularly as this is how we will communicate with you
- If you delete the job from any of your accounts, you may be prevented from accessing further communications
- To enquire about your application or inform us of any changes in your circumstances, please contact the named person on this advert
- Please provide email addresses for referees where possible
- Click here to see the range of benefits we offer
- Please review the documentation on our recruitment microsite, particularly the Trust’s criminal records checking policy
- All staff have a responsibility for safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and for ensuring they are aware of the specific duties relating to their role.
- Due to a high volume of applications, this advert might close before the displayed closing date. It is therefore recommended that you apply promptly
After applying via NHS Jobs, your submitted application will be imported into our ‘Trac’ recruitment system. All subsequent information regarding your application will be generated from apps.trac.jobs. You will not be able to track the progress of your application on NHS Jobs and we will not be able to respond to emails sent through it. By applying for this post you are agreeing to King’s transferring the information contained in your application to its preferred applicant management system. If you are offered a job, information will also be transferred into the national NHS Electronic Staff Records system.
Equality and Diversity Information
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Annual Reports and Other Corporate Publications
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust - Our Values (Links to a Video on 'You Tube')
King's Health Partners Academic Health Science Centre Website
King's College Hospital is part of King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC), a pioneering collaboration between King's College London, and Guy's and St Thomas', King's College Hospital and South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trusts.
To stay safe in your job