Join us and become part of the most engaged workforce of any NHS trust in England, according to the latest national NHS Staff Survey results - for the second year running.
You will be joining a dynamic and forward-looking organisation in the heart of the capital where you can develop your career and broaden your horizons.
We think you will enjoy working for us but you don't have to take our word for it - 79% of staff who took part in the latest national NHS Staff Survey would recommend Guy's and St Thomas' as a place to work.
Are you an experienced band 5 or 6 Occupational Therapist wanting to develop or consolidate your skills in an award winning Trust? Do you want to join an exciting band 6 rotational programme that covers a range of specialities across acute and community settings?
We are seeking to recruit enthusiastic, driven and forward thinking Occupational Therapists to join our Band 6 Occupational Therapy rotation.
This is an excellent opportunity for clinically supported development within a Trust that is clinician-led, and strives to provide the highest possible level of clinical expertise throughout its healthcare services.
Driven by your enthusiasm and interest in gaining a breadth of experience at senior level within a friendly and proactive Occupational Therapy service you would provide specialist assessment and interventions across 17 different areas, including:
• Elective orthopaedics,
• Older people/Medicine (OPU)
• Specialist Therapy Assessment Team in A&E
• Lane Fox Unit (Respiratory)
• Surgery/Vascular wards
• Hand therapy
• Trauma & Orthopaedics
• Enhanced Rapid Response & Supported Discharge
• Guys & St Thomas' @ home service
• The Pulross Centre (inpatient rehabilitation unit)
• Amputee Rehabilitation Unit
• Community Rehabilitation & Falls
Each rotation lasts 9 months giving you an opportunity to develop specialist clinical and non-clinical skills.
The Occupational Therapy service has a supportive and progressive management structure with departmental objectives founded upon the principles of the clinical governance framework and trust core values. Multi-disciplinary working within the Trust is well established and Students are accepted on placement from several training schools.
The trust is committed to continuing the professional development of its workforce. The department has structured in-service training supported by personal and professional development plans and yearly appraisals. Staff are encouraged to attend courses to continue their clinical development and participate in multi-disciplinary training programmes.
At Guys & St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust, we are committed to providing you with:
• Professional expert advice, including access to our Professional Leads in our Community and Hospital settings
• An annual appraisal and personal development plan (PDR)
• Structured in-service development programs and regular supervision
• Support to undertake research, audit and service evaluation
• Training links to London Southbank and King's College Universities
• Support to develop your skills in presentation (for teaching)
Our professional offer to you:
As a Band 6 OT you will have an opportunity to:
• Develop your discipline specific skills, e.g. assess for suitable equipment, minor home adaptations, cognitive assessment, rehabilitation and discharge planning
• Develop your skills in complex case management of clients beyond the scope of your traditional Occupational Therapy practice
• Develop your skills in holistic assessment, problem solving and joint working with other health and social care colleagues, GPs, hospital teams and voluntary sector agencies
• Develop supervisory, leadership and service development skills
• Access appropriate GSTT leadership development training courses to support career development
• Support you to be involved in Occupational Therapy clinical meetings
• Develop your skills in service development
This vacancy will close on 26 March 2019 at midnight.
Interviews will be held on 10 April 2019
For Further Details:
For further details please contact Sarah Penfold on Apply
or via Apply
or Cilene Hamp on Apply
or via Apply