At UCLH (University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust) our success starts with you.
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the largest and most successful Foundation Trusts in the UK with an international reputation and a tradition of innovation.
Based in the busy West End of London, we have a lively and vibrant working atmosphere, with quick and easy transport links to all our sites. Our size and resources enable us to offer a range of attractive benefits as well as unparalleled education and development opportunities for staff at all levels. This includes an extensive portfolio of academic and clinical courses and programmes ranging from ongoing personal development through to clinical excellence and leadership skills. UCLH prides itself on its investment in staff both in terms of developing career skills but also its commitment to staff health and wellbeing.Emergency Medicine Senior Clinical Fellow with Speciality Interests
Are you an experienced Emergency Medicine clinician looking for a chance to pursue a long-held career ambition, do something a bit different, or simply take a break from day-to-day shop floor provision whilst boosting your career portfolio? Would you like to work for one of the largest and most well-recognised Trusts in the UK as part of a friendly, dynamic and forward-thinking team?
We seek to train future leaders in Emergency Medicine by inviting ED clinicians (ST4+ or equivalent) to join our department and pursue sub-specialty interests. We are offering a range of senior fellow posts with between 20% and 50% salaried non clinical time to pursue a special interestto allow development in a specialist field. We will provide world class expertise and support in your chosen field. All qualifications mentioned below will be fully funded. We are looking to recruit to the following posts with an anticipated start date of August 2018:
- Simulation and Education fellow – Postgraduate certificate (PgCert) in medical education at University College London and broad-based practical training in simulation and education. Duration: 1 year. (Reference 001)
- Trauma fellow – Masters in trauma science (MSc) at Queen Mary University of London. Duration: 2 years. (Reference 002)
- Resuscitation fellow – Masters in Emergency and Resuscitation Medicine (MSc) at Queen Mary University of London. Duration: 3 years. (Reference 003)
- Global Health fellow – three months clinical in an overseas setting with full expert support. Duration: 1 year. (Reference 004)
- Digital Health fellow – opportunity to shape and champion roll-out of EPIC electronic healthcare record system. Duration: 1 year. (Reference 005)
- Quality Improvement fellow – opportunity to develop and complete a project with expertise and ground support of quality improvement team. Duration: 1 year. (Reference 006)
- Research fellow - 50% salaried research time to pursue research in emergency medicine including evaluation of digital interventions, artificial intelligence in emergency medicine (UCLH-Turing partnership), health services research, clinical trials, novel therapeutics and diagnostics. Duration: 1 year. (Reference 007)
Please see additional information within the Job Description attached YOU MUST QUOTE AT THE TOP OF YOUR SUPPORTING INFORMATION ON YOUR APPLICATION FORM YOUR PREFERED POST REFERENCE DETAILED ABOVE.
We hope you will take this exciting opportunity to broaden your interests in the wider field of Emergency Medicine and help shape your future career.
For further details / informal visits contact:Dr Alexander Schueler, Clinical Lead for Emergency Medicine, Apply and quote the relevant reference number. All candidates for posts at UCLH are required to complete our values assessment.In the ‘Further Links’ section to the right of this advert, please follow the link to the UCLH Values Assessment Tool. Once you have completed the assessment and scored highly enough, you will receive a certificate number. In order to start your application, you must copy and paste (do not type) your certificate number into your application form when requested.The certificate covers all applications you make to UCLH for 6 months - you do not need to take the test for each job application you make. After 6 months you may complete the assessment again.If you have lost your certificate number, you can have a reminder sent t