King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust part of King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC), is one of the UK’s largest and busiest teaching hospitals with a turnover of nearly £1 billion, 1.5 million patient contacts a year and more than 11,500 staff based across 5 main sites in South East London.
The Trust provides a full range of local hospital services across its different sites, and specialist services from King’s College Hospital (KCH) site in Camberwell and the Princess Royal University Hospital (PRUH) site in Bromley.
King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust part of King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC) is one of the UK’s largest and busiest teaching hospitals across 5 main sites in south east London. King's College Hospital NHS Trust provides healthcare and emergency services for a cosmopolitan and ethnically diverse community in south east London as well as being a major academic centre. King’s has close links to King’s College London, part of the University of London, under which are the medical and dental Schools, known as the Guy’s, King’s and St. Thomas’ Hospitals Schools of Medicine and Dentistry. This partnership aims to create a world-class medical centre between King’s College and the two teaching hospital Trusts.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to join the endocrinology team for 4 months (April-August 2019) and based at King’s College Hospital at Denmark Hill, London.
The post offers an excellent experience in secondary and tertiary endocrinology including management of pituitary, thyroid and adrenal tumours. The post holder is expected to participate in the general medical oncalls (at SHO level) (weekends daytime and nights).
It is suitable for:
- A trainee doctor wishing to gain further subspecialist experience in endocrinology.
- A doctor with general internal medicine skills wishing to expand their skills in endocrinology.
- International medical graduates interested in expanding their skills in endocrinology.
The post offers excellent opportunities to enhance CVs and gain specialist experience in diabetes and endocrinology, quality improvement, audit and research. Access to educational benefits are similar for specialist registrars in the specialist rotations. Each post holder will be assigned an educational and clinical supervisor for support and career guidance.Start date
: April 2019.Closing date for applications:
24 February 2019 For further details / informal visits contact:
Dr Simon Aylwin (clinical lead, endocrinology, Apply
Dr Jackie Gilbert (consultant endocrinologist, Apply
- Check your email account regularly as this is how we will communicate with you
- If you delete the job from any of your accounts, you may be prevented from accessing further communications
- To enquire about your application or inform us of any changes in your circumstances, please contact the named person on this advert
- Please provide email addresses for referees where possible
- Click here to see the range of benefits we offer
- Please review the documentation on our recruitment microsite, particularly the Trust’s criminal records checking policy
- All staff have a responsibility for safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and for ensuring they are aware of the specific duties relating to their role.
- Due to a high volume of applications, this advert might close before the displayed closing date. It is therefore recommended that you apply promptly
After applying via NHS Jobs, your submitted application will be imported into our ‘Trac’ recruitment system. All subsequent information regarding your application will be generated from apps.trac.jobs. You will not be able to track the progress of your application on NHS Jobs and we will not be able to respond to emails sent through it. By applying for this post you are agreeing to King’s transferring the information contained in your application to its preferred applicant management system. If you are offered a job, information will also be transferred into the national NHS Electronic Staff Records system.
Equality and Diversity Information
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Annual Reports and Other Corporate Publications
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust - Our Values (Links to a Video on 'You Tube')
King's Health Partners Academic Health Science Centre Website
King's College Hospital is part of King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC), a pioneering collaboration between King's College London, and Guy's and St Thomas', King's College Hospital and South London and Maudsley NHS Found