King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust part of King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC), is one of the UK’s largest and busiest teaching hospitals with a turnover of nearly £1 billion, 1.5 million patient contacts a year and more than 11,500 staff based across 5 main sites in South East London.
The Trust provides a full range of local hospital services across its different sites, and specialist services from King’s College Hospital (KCH) site in Camberwell and the Princess Royal University Hospital (PRUH) site in Bromley.KING’S COLLEGE HOSPITAL NHS FOUNDATION TRUSTJunior Clinical Fellow in NeurosurgeryImmediate start
King’s is one of the largest Neuroscience centres in the UK with a national and international reputation for excellence. The Regional Neurosciences Unit at Kings College Hospital contains departments of Neurosurgery, Neurology, Neuroradiology, Neurophysiology, Clinical Neuropsychology, Neuro Rehabilitation and Neuropathology. There are 4 fully equipped dedicated neurosurgical operating theatres, with separate Neurosurgical theatre staff and neuroanaesthetic teams for elective and emergency work. King’s functions as one of the four fully designated Major Trauma Centres.
We are looking for highly motivated doctors to work in the expanding Neurosciences Department, Kings College Hospital who are considering a career in acute medicine, anesthesia/critical care, neurology, neurosurgery or related disciplines.
The post holder will be responsible for delivering care to acutely unwell neurosurgical patients in a level 2 care setting and will be expected to participate fully in the departmental neuroscience training programs. Trust grade doctors have the same educational and training opportunities as training grade doctors however this post is not recognized for training purposes.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Day to day care of patients admitted to the neurosurgical department
- admission, clinical examination
- co-ordination of investigation
- pre-assessment of elective neurosurgical patients
- Haemodynamic Monitoring and Manipulation
- Specific pre and postoperative management of neurosurgical/neurology patients
- Management of acute brain injury with invasive neuromonitoring
The successful candidate will join a dynamic team and be able to attend theatres and teaching clinics on a regular basis. There is a robust program of educational supervision and a teaching program aimed specifically at the ST1-3 level trainees and non-training grade post holders. The department has an excellent record of career advancement in neurosurgery for previous post-holders and provides unique experience. IMPORTANT
- Check your email account regularly as this is how we will communicate with you
- If you delete the job from any of your accounts, you may be prevented from accessing further communications
- To enquire about your application or inform us of any changes in your circumstances, please contact the named person on this advert
- Please provide email addresses for referees where possible
- Click here to see the range of benefits we offer
- Please review the documentation on our recruitment microsite, particularly the Trust’s criminal records checking policy
- All staff have a responsibility for safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and for ensuring they are aware of the specific duties relating to their role.
- Due to a high volume of applications, this advert might close before the displayed closing date. It is therefore recommended that you apply promptly
After applying via NHS Jobs, your submitted application will be imported into our ‘Trac’ recruitment system. All subsequent information regarding your application will be generated from apps.trac.jobs. You will not be able to track the progress of your application on NHS Jobs and we will not be able to respond to emails sent through it. By applying for this post you are agreeing to King’s transferring the information contained in your application to its preferred applicant management system. If you are offered a job, information will also be transferred into the national NHS Electronic Staff Records system.
Equality and Diversity Information
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Annual Reports and Other Corporate Publications
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust - Our Values (Links to a Video on 'You Tube')
King's Health Partners Academic Health Science Centre Website
King's College Hospital is part