RGN - Addiction & Homeless Services
- € 32500.0 - 40500.0 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 20 Nov 2020
- 20 Dec 2020
Registered Nurse - Homeless & Drugs Services
Job Title: Registered General Staff Nurse
Responsible to: Head of Day Services
Reporting to: Service Coordinator/ Clinical Nurse Manager
Responsible for: Provision of Nursing Services in Open Access Service\
Objective: To effectively deliver the nursing services, and in doing so to uphold the philosophy and working ethos
• Deliver a comprehensive and safe nursing practice to the clients of our Open Access Services.
• To participate in team meetings / handovers ensuring clear and open communication is upheld between the nursing service and the Open Access team.
• To provide written reports on the activities and outcomes of the primary health service.
• To address the needs of clients by effectively building relationships and working in partnership with the other agencies.
• To manage relationships with external agencies and partners of the primary health service including St. James Hospital, other hospitals as required, GP’s, researchers, other health departments in homeless and drug services, in order to support the needs of the presenting clients.
• To liaise with the Clinical Nurse Manager/Service Coordinator/Service Manager and multidisciplinary team regarding the clinical governance issues.
• To liaise with Clinical Nurse Manager on all aspects of the delivery of the primary health service.
• To store, administer and control medical and clinical supplies in line with best practice and in keeping with National Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI) Guidelines
• To assist the doctors when necessary with assessments and examinations in line with the policies of the service.
• To contribute actively to appropriate fora (team meetings, case conferences, multidisciplinary meetings) in identifying, planning and addressing the needs of the clients in a holistic fashion).
• To participate and deliver staff training sessions on topics such as health education (e.g. diet, nutrition, STIs, Hepatitis), disease prevention.
• Ensure room and all equipment and supplies adhere to national hygiene guidelines.
• To assist with emergencies as appropriate – bringing them to satisfactory conclusions within the framework of company policies and to record details of such incidents as appropriate.
• To provide an evidence based nursing care service to all presenting clients.
• To formulate a plan of care in consultation with the client, project worker and the GP to establish nursing diagnosis, identify expected outcomes and document care, and implement planned nursing care.
• To oversee the general welfare of service users and ensure that their needs are attended to with sensitivity and efficiency.
• To regularly engage with and build a professional relationship with service users treating them with respect and ensure that values of the organisation are upheld
• To engage in clinical support and supervision in accordance with good nursing practice
• To work with homeless and clients who use drugs to ensure that they are linked in with the appropriate supports e.g. needle exchange, case workers etc.
• To complete all administrative tasks such as report writing, maintenance of accurate nursing and medical records, up to date client case notes, relevant form filling in order to ensure that the service runs smoothly, safely and effectively
• To ensure that accurate and up-to-date records are kept by recording accurate and relevant information onto any appropriate forms, daybooks, client files and computer based client databases.
• To comply with service requirements in relation to all appropriate paperwork and filing of data relevant to the service.
• To contribute to the collection of relevant statistics to inform key performance indicators.
• To participate in clinical audits as directed by Clinical Nurse Manager/Service Coordinator/Service Manager
The ideal candidate should have:
• A minimum of 2 years post registration experience
• The candidate must be registered in the General Division of the register of nurses maintained by NMBI
• Have an understanding of drugs, alcohol, mental health and other matters related to homelessness and addiction
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience working in A&E with specific experience in wound management and dressings would be a distinct advantage
• Relevant qualifications or experience in the areas of homelessness or addiction would be an advantage.
The hours for this position are 39 hours per week Monday to Friday. The hours will be worked between 7.00 am and 9.30pm on a shift pattern. The salary scale for this position is €32,500 - €40,500 DOE.
What does our client offer as an employer?
o Fulfilling and Challenging work
o Competitive Salaries
o Sick Pay Scheme