111 Call Handler
Greater London, England
- £ 10.0 - 11.0 Per hour
- Full time
- Job level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Newly qualified, Qualified (non-manager)
- 14 Oct 2020
- 11 Nov 2020
- Please note due to the stressful nature of the calls, candidates must be calm under pressure and happy to work in this role on an ongoing temporary basis.
The post holder will be responsible for the prioritisation of presenting clinical symptoms, supported by decision support software throughout a 24-hour period. This will include the transfer of patient calls to the appropriate endpoint and the giving of appropriate advice.
To deliver an effective and competent level of accurate call handling for callers to the Out of hours and 111 service. To deliver an efficient appointments service for face to face consultations at the Primary Care Centre, in accordance with agreed protocols.
- Dealing with a high level of inbound calls from patient’s in a crisis or highly stressed and unwell
- The assessment of patients’ needs supported by local policies and Decision support computer software to ensure that patients are prioritised appropriately and directed to the correct end point.
- Liaising with other agencies and healthcare providers to ensure patients are appropriately directed.
- Utilisation of communication skills in management of challenging calls and child protection concerns.
- To keep accurate records of clinical enquiries to the service.
- Have knowledge of escalation policies and emergency procedures as necessary.
- To work co-operatively within the organisation, sharing and utilising areas of knowledge and skills to enhance patient care.
To display effective keyboard and work processing skills by:
- To perform general administrative duties, when workload
- To support line management through undertaking additional delegated administrative tasks when required to support effective service delivery, e.g. entering information onto existing databases.
- Identify and highlight appropriately any issues regarding a vulnerable child or adult.
- To participate in own development and appraisal, identifying areas of need for personal development in order to meet with service requirements.
- Previous customer service and administration experience dealing with a high level of inbound calls
- Previous healthcare customer service and administration experience dealing with a high level of inbound calls
- The skill and ability to deal with stressful and high pressured inbound 111 emergency calls
- Skill and experience to remain calm in crisis situations
- Ability to deal effectively with difficult and stressed individuals / customers
- Available to work a range of out of hours and unsocial shifts including evening, nights, weekends and Bank Holidays on a temporary full-time basis
This job was posted to - Other health care in Greater London, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 38760.0 - 38760.0 Per yearFull timePermanentCastleford, West Yorkshire, England
Registered General Nurse, Functional Assessor – Health and Disability Assessments Location: Castleford Starting Salary: £38,760 + c...