Healthcare Assistant Dublin City
- Full time
- Job level
- Newly qualified
- 8 Oct 2020
- 5 Apr 2021
Servisource Healthcare, in partnership with a leading Healthcare provider, are searching for experienced Healthcare Assistants in Dublin City.
Candidates MUST have a relevant QQI Level 5 Qualification and previous elder care experience is an advantage. This is a full-time position requiring flexibility and willingness to work days, nights & weekends. The rate of pay starts at €13/hour. Sick pay is paid in the event that staff show Covid symptoms.
Purpose of the Role of Healthcare Assistant Dublin City
• Supporting the nursing staff and team in delivering quality person-centred care to meet the needs of residents
• Getting to know residents’ interests and needs providing attention, support and companionship
• Promoting the mobility of residents, supervising and assisting as necessary to ensure optimum mobility is maintained and improved where possible
• Enabling and assisting residents to maintain their personal appearance /hygiene needs whilst always maintaining their dignity
• Enabling and assisting residents to eat/drink and achieve physical comfort
• Participating, organising and carrying out social activities
• Sustaining high level of communication between resident’s family and staff developing good relationships
• Assisting in the upkeep of high standards of cleanliness in the home
• Contributing to the maintenance of Health and Safety in the home
• Any other duties deemed necessary by Nurse in Charge and management.
What are the qualifications/skills needed?
• FETAC/QQI Level 5 qualification in Healthcare in relevant modules (Care Skills & Care of the Elderly)
• Experience working in a healthcare environment (with a good knowledge of HIQA standards) preferable
• Excellent communication skills
• Can work independently or part of a team
• Ability to maintain a positive approach in a sometimes-challenging environment
• Fluent level of English both written and oral
All posts are subject to satisfactory references, medical and Garda vetting.
If you have the required experience, please send your application to Apply quoting job order number: JO-2010-456100 in the subject bar of the ema