Psychologist CAMHS Kildare
- € 26.66 - 45.25 Per hour
- Full time
- Job level
- Newly qualified
- 27 Jul 2020
- 24 Jan 2021
Psychologist, CAMHS Community service - Kildare
Psychologist required for locum Child and adolescent mental health service, Kildare
This role will be part of multi-disciplinary Community Mental Health Teams, and will involve significant assessments and short term therapeutic input with children with severe and enduring mental health difficulties.
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will be responsible for the delivery of a psychology service and providing a holistic approach to mental health assessment and treatment services for children and their families.
The role will involve working with young people between the ages of 4 and 16 who present with a variety of mental health difficulties including low mood, deliberate self-harm, suicide ideation, eating disorders, anxiety, stress and A.D.H.D assessments etc.
Duties of the position includes:
- Responsible for the delivery of an assessment and therapeutic psychology service to children and their families
- Undertaking assessments of children and their families and identifying appropriate treatment services to meet their specific needs
- Empowering young people and their families to enhance their quality of life as well as advocating on their behalf where appropriate
- Preparing case presentations for weekly team meetings and writing clear and concise assessment reports for clients case files.
- Bring about positive change to their lives.
Interested candidates will have the following:
- A recognised qualification as a Clinical, Counselling or educational Psychologist
- Validation of your qualifications with the Dept of Health & Children if qualified outside of the Republic of Ireland. Apply
- Relevant experience in CAMHS or similar service. Placement experience will be considered
- Permission to work in Ireland
- Professional approach to work
- Flexibility in work practice
- Access to a car and full drivers licence