Advanced OT Clinician - New Zealand
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 10 Sep 2019
- 7 Mar 2020
Cpl Healthcare in partnership with the MidCentral District Health Board in Palmerston North, New Zealand are recruiting an Advanced Occupational Therapy Clinician to join their team.
The successful applicants Hours of work will be 40 per week between the hours of 7am - 8pm with the possibility of occasional weekend work if the service model extends to include the weekend.
The Occupational Therapy Advanced Clinician is an occupational therapist providing an advanced level of health care and expertise both in direct care delivery and support to other occupational therapy staff. The Advanced Clinician will work primarily in a specific area of practice with a focus on care delivery and will contribute to the profession through the local application of contemporary, evidence-based practice and policy that contribute to developing and implementing a high quality service in the area of specialty locally and regionally.
- To provide and deliver a quality accessible occupational therapy service across Ward 21 and Star 1 acute mental health continuum, inpatient and transition to community, in partnership with service users/ tangata whairoa and their family/whanau and other staff of MDHB Mental Health service.
- To provide a lead for the acute mental health: Adults and Older Adults occupational therapy service in delivering a range of quality occupational therapy individual and group interventions and activities to service users, as appropriate their families, who are assessed as experiencing moderate to severe mental health problems.
- To demonstrate that a recovery focus with cultural consideration, underpins all activities undertaken with service users, their families/whānau and other agencies with whom the service user may be involved with.
- To manage an individual caseload, working with service users to engage and participate in recovery goals whilst in the wards and for a finite period of time post discharge as required.
- New Zealand registered Occupational Therapist, with a current practicing certificate and a minimum of 5 years working experience
- Experience working in the mental health sector and knowledge of mental health disorders across the age range
- Experienced at leading the development of new services, initiatives and project management
- A current drivers license
- Relevant post graduate qualifications in mental health (or willingness to undertake further study)
- Previous leadership role
- Occupational Therapy New Zealand - Whakaora Ngangahou Aotearoa (OT-WNA) membership
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to develop and coordinate services and lead change
- Ability to prioritise and manage time efficiently
- Demonstrated initiative, enthusiasm and flexibilit
- Knowledge of medico-legal issues as they relate to the provision of occupational therapy in the health setting
- Experience and ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team, utilising individual and professional skills
- Proven decision making ability
- Competent computer skills e.g. ability to use Excel, Word and Power Point
- Knowledge of community networks and support services and resources
- Highly developed written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- A knowledge of the Privacy Act and other relevant legislation affecting the delivery of services generally
- A commitment to bicultural practice and cultural safety
- Willingness and commitment to providing quality care and service improvement
- A knowledge of relevant health, mental health and disability sector legislation
- Willingness and ability to plan for and implement positive change
The annual salary will be on the salary scale Steps 7-9, within the range $77,953 to $83,889 (with further progressions based on CASP).
The successful candidate will be offered a relocation allowance of up to $5000 (NZ).
For further information or for a detailed job specification, please call Stephen on + Apply Apply Applyor by email at Apply