Independant Reviewing Officer
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, England
- £ 38 - 38 Per hour
- Full time
- Job level
- Studying / Unqualified
- 23 May 2019
- 31 Jul 2019
Cambridgeshire County Council is looking to recruit an agency full-time (37 hours pw) Independent Reviewing Officer (IRO) to our busy Independent Reviewing Service. The successful candidates will offer a critical and constructive view regarding the plans for the child, and escalate concerns where necessaryThis is an opportunity to work within the Partnerships and Quality Assurance (PQA) service in Cambridgeshire, which is responsible for ensuring high standards are maintained for children and families across the local authority.
The role of Independent Reviewing Officer is unique in its position working alongside children, families, social workers and other partners to achieve the best outcomes for looked after children, while being personally accountable for monitoring effective care planning and challenging the local authority where necessary. The role is flexible in terms of where it is based, and it involves travel both within and outside of Cambridgeshire.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a highly skilled and HCPC registered social worker with some experience of management
- Be able to work autonomously as well as within a multi-agency team
- Understand how to, and be able to, positively engage young people and their families in the long-term planning for the young person
- Be able to work collaboratively with multi-agency partners
- Be able to chair complex meetings
- Be able to write comprehensive yet succinct records
- Be able to effectively manage a busy diary which includes deadlines
- Have a progressive and flexible attitude and be adaptable to change
- Have the confidence and ability to sensitively challenge others, including senior managers, where there are issues impacting on the wellbeing of the child or the progress of the care plan
- There is also a quality assurance element to the post, which will see the successful candidate involved in auditing cases, monitoring progress of care plans and pathway plans and feeding back on thematic issues within the county. There will also be opportunities to become involved in the wider service development and project streams that are focussed on improving experiences and outcomes for looked after children and care leavers.
Although it is not possible for us to respond to all applications, we at PE Global will do our upmost to give you feedback on your application. You have sent your Cv into us as a company and even though you have sent your CV to a particular position, we are making the reasonable assumption that you are active on the job market and as part of our normal recruitment service we will discuss other suitable positions with you. You are free to opt out of this so please specify in your application to us if you just want to be contacted in relation to a specific vacancy. Your Cv is sent to a central recruitment inbox which a number of people in the applicable PE Global division have access to and so this means that you might not be contacted by the named person in this advert.
This job was posted to Social worker in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 32 - 32 Per hourFull timeBankChelmsford, Essex, England
Looking for an experience social worker who have experience in writing court, CP, CIN and LAC reports. Experience in managing ...