Social worker - Camden
London, Greater London, England
- £ 28 - 28 Per hour
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 13 May 2019
- 31 Oct 2019
To provide a social work service to young people within Transition and families arising out of the Council's duties and powers under legislation and regulations, Council and Departmental policies and procedures. - Your caseload will be predominately young people from 17-25 and the focus of this work is in relation to transition - this includes undertaking Care Act Assessment, Mental capacity assessments, DOLS, Adult Safeguarding. - To hold a caseload and undertake a range of duties and responsibilities on behalf of the Department specified in the Children's and Families Act and the Care Act. - The role involves regular direct work, joint working, home visits and reflective sessions with clients, colleagues and partners. - You will be expected to work on duty where you will cover for the service which ranges from 0-25 , you will be offered training in both children's and adults safeguarding.
- To hold a caseload, including cases in court proceedings, and undertake a range of duties and responsibilities on behalf of the Department specified in the Children's Act 2004, Every Child Matters and such other legislation as is or may be appropriate to work with children and their families.
- Investigate cases of alleged neglect, ill treatment or abuse of children and to make enquiries as to the need to provide services to such children, instigate Child Protection procedures or an application to a court for an appropriate order in respect of such children.
- Undertake assessments of children looked after by Camden to inform the development of appropriate care/protection plans to ensure statutory duties are met and these support the achievement of quality standards and practice development.
- Design and implement care/protection plans in complex situations using a variety of intervention methods in order to develop needs-led packages of care and provide innovative care packages within budgetary constraints in conjunction with services provided by the Department, and independent agencies.
- Undertake the supervision of children placed on the child protection register and other children, monitoring and reviewing care packages, in order to ensure that these continue to meet identified needs.
- Receive, investigate and assess referrals for assistance from the Department and recommend appropriate action in order to ensure these are dealt with appropriately within relevant timescales.
- Provide support to children and families through counselling, individual and family work as may be required when this is not being provided through other services in order to ensure positive outcomes.
- Prepare reports, statements and such other legal documents as may be required in relation to children and young persons in both criminal and family proceedings courts within the relevant time-scales to attend court and represent the Department.
- Maintain case files, records of clinical consultations, contemporaneous notes of visits, interviews and telephone conversations, to complete appropriate forms and documents, reviews and correspondence according to Departmental Codes of Practice.
Although it is not possible for us to respond to all applications, we at PE Global will do our upmost to give you feedback on your application. You have sent your Cv into us as a company and even though you have sent your CV to a particular position, we are making the reasonable assumption that you are active on the job market and as part of our normal recruitment service we will discuss other suitable positions with you. You are free to opt out of this so please specify in your application to us if you just want to be contacted in relation to a specific vacancy. Your Cv is sent to a central recruitment inbox which a number of people in the applicable PE Global division have access to and so this means that you might not be contacted by the named person in this advert.
This job was posted to Social worker in London, Greater London, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 32 - 32 Per hourFull timeBankChelmsford, Essex, England
Looking for an experience social worker who have experience in writing court, CP, CIN and LAC reports. Experience in managing ...