Medical Social Worker, Sligo
- € 21.84 - 31.14 Per week
- Part time
- Job level
- Newly qualified
- 9 Nov 2020
- 6 May 2021
Medical Social Worker Sligo
Social Worker required for part-time role acute hospital service, Sligo
The Social Worker will be responsible for providing a medical social work services for patients within the stroke service and general medical setting of an acute hospital setting.
This will include front line assessment, crisis intervention, counselling, family work, discharge planning with other team members, and helping patients and families access health, social and welfare entitlements in the community as well as covering duty team rota.
You will work closely with other team members in responding to the social and emotional impact of illness and hospitalisation on patients and their families.
We are interested in speaking with social workers with experience in the following areas:
- Patient & family support
- Psychological assessment
- Discharge planning
- Linking in with external agencies
- Knowledge of working with the Nursing Home Support / Fair Deal Scheme would be advantageous
- A recognised qualification as a Social Worker and registration with CORU
- Ideally at least 6 months post graduate experience
- Previous experience in a medical setting and any relevant placement experience will be considered
- Permission to work in Ireland
- Professional approach to work
- Flexibility in work practice